ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

play in the rear wheels

Clio 172 cup
I've just recently had the rear bearings changed and the wheels have a little bit of play in them, do they need a washer placing on the half shaft or sprigot rings? Its a 172 cup
ANy help would be greatly appreciated because it feels like its about to tip on every corner.

Cheers
Westley

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
There should be a 'deflector' washer fitted on the hub before the disc is put on.

This will be the problem.

I had this problem with mine, thought the new bearings were buggered so got new ones sent out and they were the same again, came on here and found out about the deflector plates and that fixed it :)

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Like i said in the PM.. the cars are meant to have them so driving without them is bad.

Its like driving around with a lose wheel almost :p

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Glad you've got sorted mate. It's the same spacer/ washer that I mentioned before.

It can sometimes get thrown away by mistake as can become stuck to old discs on removal.