ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Places that polish wheels

Just recently bought a new set of wheels. Xxr 501s, Does anyone know of anyplace in Scotland preferably near Dundee or even Fife/Perth that do alloy wheel polishing and that also have good reviews/rep. Just wanting my centres to match the dish of the wheel.

Cheers

You know how you get polished lips on alloy wheels. Well of theirs anyway of getting the entire wheel that way. The alloys i have already have a polished lip/dish and was wondering if theirs any place about that would be able to do the rest of the wheel. Like the spokes and the inner rim.

Yeah like then apart from my centres are red eh. Red wont go with the colour of the car i dont think so just wanting tho whole wheel that polished look.

Ill look up a few places and phone and inquire, see what's what.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Polishing the wheels will mean one of two things is guaranteed...

1) You will hate them after two weeks because you'll have to clean them every 3/4 days. If you don't...

2) Brake dust and road salt will eat into them and they'll be fcuked within 6 months.

If I was you, i'd get them all painted properly by a decent bodyshop, in some sort of chrome finish.

Polished wheels are the work of the devil!

Polishing the wheels will mean one of two things is guaranteed...

1) You will hate them after two weeks because you'll have to clean them every 3/4 days. If you don't...

2) Brake dust and road salt will eat into them and they'll be fcuked within 6 months.

If I was you, i'd get them all painted properly by a decent bodyshop, in some sort of chrome finish.

Polished wheels are the work of the devil!

Thanks for the advice.

I think ill give polishing a miss then, i have white wheels at the moment and their a nightmare to keep clean as it is!

Might go for my 2nd option i had in mind. Might just get the red spokes and inner rim sprayed in white or as you mentioned some sort of chrome finish.

Yeah they might be hard to keep clean but they compliment the car but ill probably find out what you mean if my polished lip/dish starts to go a bit nasty looking.

Last edited:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
There is an almost chrome affect powder coat but it's expensive.

My coaters do it but im not sure how much.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Thanks for the advice.

I think ill give polishing a miss then, i have white wheels at the moment and their a nightmare to keep clean as it is!

Might go for my 2nd option i had in mind. Might just get the red spokes and inner rim sprayed in white.

Yeah they might be hard to keep clean but they compliment the car but ill probably find out what you mean if my polished lip/dish starts to go a bit nasty looking.

This is a set of wheels that we polished at the customers request. (We offered to paint but he wanted polish)

Just a normal bloke who just takes his car to the Polaks every other week for a £10 clean. Within 3 months they looked dreadful.

1459337_10151664505376184_608850750_n.jpg

1469831_10151664505181184_490218657_n.jpg

Hmmm, Really starting to think twice about getting them polished yeah they'll look great once done but they seem a lot of work from what your saying. Might just go for powder coating as i have never had any problems with powdercoat before.

Plus if im able to get a set of wheels done for £100 in any colour then it would be rude not too.

Also ill see if they do have a colour as well that's basically chrome effect and see what their price is like.

GTD, Lupo
Yeah as Dan said, I had BBS RMs with polished ally dishies and they needed a fresh water wash almost every other day and a quick going over with autosol once a week.

Thanks for the advice everyone, really helped me out a lot. I think ill just take the safe route and get the wheels powder coated. Ill keep the polished dish for just now but if they do require to much maintenance ill probably get the whole wheel done at one point.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Only one place i would use to raw alloy polishing a whel and thats Mike the polisher in Glasgow, but be warned they are a nightmare to keep clean if you use your car daily.

Mikes work

7.jpg

The other option is Fife powdercoating , and get then chrome powder coated , gives 90% of the look with easy maintenance.

Mikeys work

Their 15" mate, don't know if it would be possible but i would only want the spokes and the inner rim powdercoated if i was to get them done. Would be wanting to keep the polished outer rim.

Cheers though mate appreciate it.

should be fine as my mate that works there is doing his BBS RS's the same way ill text him and get a rough price but your probably better phoning them and asking

Aren't they Splits?

Afaik all genuine BBS XXR's are splits and it looks like it in those pictures, so simply buy new nuts for the rims when you put them back together, split them before you send them off for refurb, the centre/spokes/ rear will be one colour and the lips will still be polished??

Im not sure if they are splits mate, they look like it but i think their fake splits but i did buy them from xxr. Ill have a closer look at them and see.