ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pitted brake discs

BMW E36 328i Sport
I've just had a look at both my front discs and on the inside of both discs there are big pitted sections. It's like chunks of the discs have fallen off where the centre of the pad touches and causes the friction. Is this caused by something being seized? It currently has standard discs and some ferodo pads (not ds's) I've got brembo HC discs to go on but don't want the same thing happening to them.

Any help would be good.

Clio 197
are the discs old and well used? i would get them replaced asap as you cant be getting the best brake efficiency with them like that! What condition are the pads in?

BMW E36 328i Sport
Yeah the brakes are old, pads were glaze when I took them out so I ruffed them up with emery cloth and them back on. All I'm wanting to know is will new pads and discs solve this problem or will the same thing happen as soon as the new ones are on?