ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Piracy punishment u-turn

dk

911 GTS Cab
So people have supposedly been punished for illegally downloading stuff by cutting off their internet.

Theres not been much publicised about it though and I don't know of anyone who it's affected.

anyway, they've decided that this is useless and now instead they (the government) are going to send out letters to offenders, 4 times a year telling them they are bad boys (or girls), and recommending they don't do it.

If you ignore them, nothing will happen, so erm, pointless?

supposedly it's to educate the people that don't realise it's illegal what they are doing in the hope they will stop....

thats like saying speed cameras will still go off if you speed, but you'll get a letter telling you not to do it again and you won't get a fine or points, would anyone slow down, erm no.

very strange decision. Maybe it was just too expensive to deal with it all.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
whats with all this reliable source business recently, whats a reliable source?

this is just in the news, I'm not announcing next weeks lottery balls!!!

http://rt.com/uk/174744-uk-internet-fileshare-piracy/

anyway, that reliable enough?

Dunno about lately but I've always asked. Because:
A) some hilariously incorrect shite is posted on here from completely bogus sources
B) because I want to read a news article about it and I'm too lazy to look myself.