ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pipercross viper

172 A Cupwork Orange™
Im getting a viper fitted tonight at six, just wondering is it ok to run it without the caf for abit, so basicly connect it to the old feed where the acustic valve is etc,

reason i ask is its gonna be quite dark and the guy who i am getting it off is getting my original airbox and is just gonna swap them straight over i am getting a silicone bend with it so just a case of atatching the bottom of the viper to the original feed

and im not 100% sure how to fit the caf, wanting to get it in my lower grill its just routing it there that im gonna find hard with being a novice :S

anyone in the north east fancy fitting it ? hahah

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
caff in the lower grill is a bit tricky but can get it done. doubt you could do it with foil ducting as it will split easy best get some off this http://www.venairsport.co.uk/index.php?cPath=49.

running it with out a caff is ok. just like any open I.K really

my caff

Attachments

• me 007.jpg
    me 007.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 37
  ValverInBits
It's perfectly ok to run it without the CAF for a bit. But if he is taking your old filter he is going to take your CAFs with it. So your going to need to buy some CAF ducting to fit the top of the viper and sort it yourself at a later date i'd of thought

172 A Cupwork Orange™
caff in the lower grill is a bit tricky but can get it done. doubt you could do it with foil ducting as it will split easy best get some off this http://www.venairsport.co.uk/index.php?cPath=49.

my caff

aye he has got all the right stuff to attatch it to the lower grill as thats where his was, so im getting his caf and trumpet etc, just wondering if i attatch the bottom of the viper to the original caf that is on the standard setup with the acustic valve etc will this be ok

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP

my caff

aye he has got all the right stuff to attatch it to the lower grill as thats where his was, just wondering if i attatch the bottom of the viper to the original caf that is on the standard setup with the acustic valve etc will this be ok

yeah

172 A Cupwork Orange™
Keep the std airbox!!!!

bit late now as iv had this planned for 4 weeks and there is only two hours to go :rasp:

anyway there looks to be nothing wrong with the viper i have read 99% of all the reviews on cs about them, people just dont like them because the cs police say the max is better :) , which may be the case but there is still nothing wrong with the viper it back to the old marmite saying

Last edited:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Keep the std airbox!!!!

bit late now as iv had this planned for 4 weeks and there is only two hours to go :rasp:

anyway there looks to be nothing wrong with the viper i have read 99% of all the reviews on cs about them, people just dont like them because the cs police say the max is better :) , which may be the case but there is still nothing wrong with the viper it back to the old marmite saying

LOL! I certainly wouldn't of given up your std airbox! I lost about 8ft/lb of torque with my viper! And yes you can feel it, esp in summer! it's a horrible bit of kit and the noise isn't even that great!

not to piss on your bonfire here...I'll return to my seat with the 1% that hates it! ;)

G

Gav_172CUP

Makes a great noise when you put your foot to the metal. Keep it clean otherwise it will run like a dog. Enjoy...

G

Gav_172CUP

Just to mention i have actually gone back to standard airbox coz i did lose a bit of torque. Don't let me put you off though..

Ph1
Loved my old Viper. Far better noise out of it (imo) than the Maxogen which in contrast dosent make errmm any! and never noticed a drop in power. Average build quality tho

One of the fastest 172's on here ran a Viper