ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pipercross viper or Ktec Induction Kit

Inferno 182 FF
As it says, I'm about to buy a new induction kit but can't decide between the pipercross viper or the Ktec induction kit! Obviously the ITG kit is the one to go for but I can't justify paying that for an induction kit!! Anyway What have you got? What would you recommend etc, Thanks!!

Range Rover Sport
Out the two I'd suggest the KTEC one.

However I wouldn't expect much if any real world gains.

People have DIY built the KTEC 'style' for under £100 which may be an option for you.

Never been a fan of the PX Viper.

Turbo LY R27
I just got a ktec one for my 182. Sounds epic and definitely an improvement over standard! Pulls harder in the midrange and smoother and feels stronger past 5k. I wasnt expecting much from it but i am impressed.

I had both on my 182. There is no difference apart from the sound, ktec sounds well good. My old 172 came with a crap cone filter and that sounded just like the ktec one

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Nice bit of length and a cone filter behind the headlight works well on these cars, so the Ktec ones is a good option, although you can make it far cheaper yourself and include a breather rather than looping it back into the inlet which is a better idea, especially as they engines start to wear and you get small amounts of oil vapour coming out the breather.
Our 182 on 120K had really dirtied up its inlet when we got it because of this, and it lowers the octane rating of your fuel if you allow oil vapour into the chamber with it.

All you really need is 2 90 degree bends, a filter, and a breather pot.

I think that Dan@SJM was talking about putting a setup like this together to sell, just to save people having to locate all the parts seperately, but I dont know if he ever got round to stocking them.

Inferno 182 FF
Cheers for the feedback, I'm not expecting miracles getting one, just couldn't decide because of the viper being enclosed and with the cold air feed but then Ktec seems he one to buy.

Titanium Clio 182
Check this out max http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...THE-FILTERS-OILED!&highlight=oil+your+filters

Hope that's worked! I've got the ktec and very happy. As u probably have read its got some good reviews although a lot of lads do the diy job for cheaper. It makes an awesome noise. Probably no gains but I think mine seems a little more responsive on throttle although it could just be psychological. I'm happy and easy to fit too. Anything over 4k and the noise is great induction heaven :) don't know about pipercross but look it up. Hope this helps.