ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pioneer deh 6800mp problem

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
borght this unit from c.slicker last month, ive only jsut got round to putting it in as we had some bother with postal strike n wotnot, but n e ways the player seems to reset, every time i turn my ignition off the radio resets all setting and returns to factory, even the time ect,ect does any one know of this faulkt of have this HU , maybe a particular wire has come loose if possible could you direct me to the problem lol

thanks loads

j

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
you know which one it could be? will pioneer know if i rang them or a audio shop? i want it sorting n e ways im off to bed ill check back 2moz cya

j

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Its your constant live, you can test this by testing with the little screw driver thingies that light up when there is power, just put on each wire individually and go through ignition stages, if you can't find a constant live, then just run one yourself straight to the battery, not the best method, but as long as you fuse it it works a treat. The HU should come with a diagram to show which wire needs to be connected to the constant live. Hope that helps. (even though i dont know the big names for things) :D

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
Its your constant live, you can test this by testing with the little screw driver thingies that light up when there is power, just put on each wire individually and go through ignition stages, if you can't find a constant live, then just run one yourself straight to the battery, not the best method, but as long as you fuse it it works a treat. The HU should come with a diagram to show which wire needs to be connected to the constant live. Hope that helps. (even though i dont know the big names for things) :D

thanks loads thats helped a lot ill see if its that, but the wireing harness was compleat when i got it and no manual as he never sent it

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Ah, ok, well maybe look for an online manual? Or just figure it out yourself, will take some patience, but i'm definate this is what it is. Mates corsa did the same thing when he fitted a new sony HU so after a lot of effort i just run a new constant live straight to the battery, worked a treat.

megane 225
will probably or should be a red (usually constant live) and yelow (ignition live) wire coming out of the loom from the back of the headunit, usually you will be able to tell as the wires have bullet connectors which can just be pulled apart.
If thats the case just pull them apart and swap them over

megane 225

think they are called circuit testers, im sure there is a big complicated name like "live induced power force finder" or something

172 CUP
Definitely your permanent live and switching (ignition) live. As stated above, yellow and red. Swap them round.

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
could this of been done as standard wireing loom as i dnt think the wireing loom has been modified, i dnt want to be pulling wires from the loom wen its actually ok thanks for the help

Breaking A 172 Replica
It is a case of just swapping around two wires.

BrianR used to reply to this question everytype of weekend I just can't remember what wires exactly it was. I think what WayneG is saying is right though.

It is just something to do with clios IIRC.

Sam

megane 225
what happens is that some cars you different wires for constant live and ignition live, they are 99% of the time these two.
Nowadays with head units the wires should have bullet connectors or some kind of twist and pull connector so they can be swapped in a matter of seconds. I had the same issue with my pioneer headset until i swapped the wires over.
here is the install manual
http://www.service.pioneer-eur.com/...12570EE0049C401/$File/XRD7102_DEH-P6800MP.pdf
its on page 4, you will see the loom coming out of the head unit and there is a red and yellow wire, this have connections which can be pulled apart (according to the manual looks like bullet connectors)
These are shown on the end of the look on this pic (they have the clear plastic shroud)
PC2-36-6.jpg

There is a note of it in the manual
cable.gif

Last edited:
  clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
thanks loads every one especially s88urd im sat in the car now just got everything working fine, thanks again

job done

jason

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I had this before on a Pioneer unit, you need to swap the yellow and red (I think) wires that have those connectors on halfway down the line :)

its the same thing for every single radio,just depends on which idiot wired the car when it was built,saxo and 106's are the worst,1 can be yellow permanent,red live the next will be the other way round and its the same for them all!

Tungy
Swap the yellow and red around mate. I had this with my old unit that was in the car when I bought it. Replaced it with a Pioneer 6800 and noticed the problem. Yeloow should be permanent live I think?

Swap the yellow and red around mate. I had this with my old unit that was in the car when I bought it. Replaced it with a Pioneer 6800 and noticed the problem. Yeloow should be permanent live I think?

about 1 in 10 clios ive worked on are the other way around