ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pictures of your flame red 172's!

Titanium 182
I went for a test drive in a flame red 172 at my local Renault dealer today and really liked it - I've never been overly keen on the colour until today, and I was convinced I wouldn't like it until I saw it in the flesh! Looked great and was a change from the norm.

Anyway, I think I'm going to get it so wanted to see what you guys have done with yours!

Also how much do you reckon it's worth? It's from a Renault dealer so will obviously demand a bit more, it's had one previous owner and it's done 32,000 miles. Options-wise it's a FF I believe (if you call the 172's that? I know you do with the 182's lol), it has xenons, the half leather/alcantara etc, but doesn't have the cup suspension or turini's.

P.s sorry if there's a thread like this somewhere, I did have a quick searh!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
No such thing as a 172 FF it's just 172 or 172 cup.

I'll see if i've got any pics of my old one.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
P9280095.jpg

P9280094.jpg

Trophy #490
Lovely colour, how much was it for sale for? Renault dealer so £5k ish? Low mileage though!

Search for FlameR. His 172 is the best flame red on the site IMO. Perfect in every way!

Titanium 182
Lovely colour, how much was it for sale for? Renault dealer so £5k ish? Low mileage though!

Search for FlameR. His 172 is the best flame red on the site IMO. Perfect in every way!

Yeah it's up for £5995, which is far too much imo. I've managed to get them down to £5495 with a years tax, mot, four new tyres, next service free of charge, a years warranty and any problems that they pick up in the check sorted.

I still want a little more off, but I'm happy dealing at the price knowing all the problems are sorted which should hopefully give me some problem-free driving.

Thanks for the pictures and comments, what do you reckon I should get done to it if I get it? Atm I'm thinking Turini's and a bit of lowering!

Oh and it's a 53 plate, not sure what the latest registered ones are though?

omg this markhinton from zsoc?? this is kinda weird, im test driving a flame red 172, 53 reg with 34k miles on tues lol i thought it was same car for a second :p

good minds and all that....

Titanium 182
omg this markhinton from zsoc?? this is kinda weird, im test driving a flame red 172, 53 reg with 34k miles on tues lol i thought it was same car for a second :p

good minds and all that....

It is indeed! What's your username on zsoc? I haven't been on there much recently, barely get time to :(

AR that looked great, sorry to see it in such a state in those pictures :( take it you've got a Vee now though? :)

172 Cup
If you can get it for £5k i'd say it's worth it if it's a minter. I just got mine earlier this month. Paid £4645 which included 6 months tax and 3 month guarantee 04 plate on 33k miles. I absolutely love the colour but i'm annoyed that someone's selling a 53 Cup for £4k in the for sale section!
Mine's completely standard but i'm looking to get the alloys refurbished and power coated anthracite.
Where abouts in W. Sussex are you? :)

P1040332.JPG

Titanium 182
If you can get it for £5k i'd say it's worth it if it's a minter. I just got mine earlier this month. Paid £4645 which included 6 months tax and 3 month guarantee 04 plate on 33k miles. I absolutely love the colour but i'm annoyed that someone's selling a 53 Cup for £4k in the for sale section!
Mine's completely standard but i'm looking to get the alloys refurbished and power coated anthracite.
Where abouts in W. Sussex are you? :)

Damn! Hearing the price you got yours for makes me want to cry! :( Was that private or trade?

And I live in East Grinstead, although I'm on the border to Ashurst Wood if you know that area at all?

172 Cup
Damn! Hearing the price you got yours for makes me want to cry! :( Was that private or trade?

And I live in East Grinstead, although I'm on the border to Ashurst Wood if you know that area at all?

That was trade, i didn't think mine was cheap but i restricted myself to sub 40k miles and there isn't too many about in this area.
At the time i was also looking at an 05 plate 182 with 39k miles for 5k! Only reason i didn't get it was because it was silver! That was a minter as well.
Yeah i know that area, i'm only down the road in Horley.

1.2 16v
Is it the flame red 172 at CDG cars? Looked at it the other day seemed to be a nice tidy car, but I walked away when i saw the price.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Flamers are beautiful! I was so upset when I was so close to getting one but didn't. Fortunately, I got a Monaco and love it even more! :rasp:

Some great pics here.

Titanium 182
Is it the flame red 172 at CDG cars? Looked at it the other day seemed to be a nice tidy car, but I walked away when i saw the price.

Yep that's the one! I was totally put off by the price at first, I then found out what the mileage is and I really liked it in the test drive, so knocked the price down and made sure I'm going to get a lot with it.

I just need to decide if I'm willing to fork out that much for it...