ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pictures of lights at night help

M135i
I've still a lot to learn on photography as I'm stool very new but was just looki g for tips on shooting street lights at night, just like in the photo below. I'm not allowed to buy any books as the gf says she 'might' have got me one for Christmas. I don't have any access to any editing software atm either so it's just me and the camera atm.

thanks for any tips.

7639935A-C80C-4F2E-8135-24257B003FE8-301-000000140D611C0B.jpg

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Well you need a tripod. A delay on the shutter or a cable release is handy. A small aperture and a long exposure will get what you are trying to do.
Don't always need books. You are online. Have a look at flickr and the exif data on the pictures you like. Will show you what settings were used etc.

M135i
tripod and shutter release are both coming for christmas aswell :) ive never used flickr but will have a look on actually as i read somewhere a while ago that you can see all the settings used for each shot on there ?

Cheers guys