ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Picked up the V6….

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
This car is bat s**t mental! They are so ridiculous to drive its amazing, grin from ear to ear bigger than anything else I've ever driven!
Exhaust isn't standard which makes it sound epic, not stupid loud but the burble and few pops makes it all the better.

0AFF2C7D-4579-401D-A798-E7EC9DED2157_zpspouhswdu.gif

D29F2951-244B-4BC0-878E-9C8E07558067_zpsev6aeelx.gif

Standard garage pic I've done with the last 4 cars!

E0CE54C4-9BD6-4110-96D7-D90114A7F7DB_zpspwcwmzpf.gif

And then one of the fleet when I first got home, currently got 34 cylinders and around 1200bhp!!

3983BAD3-51EC-4839-B821-51C66D64465A_zps4p0qibdj.gif

Better pics to come at some point in the near future!

An orange one
Knew you'd love it Joe!! Looks great!

Now stop driving it FFS and just clean it and take pics. It's the V6 way :rasp:

Petrol Blue 182.
Get some tyre shine on!

Glad you're happy with the purchase.

Thank you for the contact btw Joe ;)

Oh, and don't listen to colin. DRIVE IT.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Get some tyre shine on!

Glad you're happy with the purchase.

Thank you for the contact btw Joe ;)

Haha no time for tyre shine dude! Will get a spanking clean on Monday when I'm hungover!
No worries, assuming it's good news so glad I could help!

thanks ColinG it will be very clean but want to do a couple of thousand a year hopefully, maybe a bit more. Want to enjoy it since I've wanted one for 11 years!

Nice one - with the M3 & the Boxster there etc I'd say you are winning at life!! :cool:
Knew you'd love it Joe!! Looks great!

Now stop driving it FFS and just clean it and take pics. It's the V6 way :rasp:
Lol, it's the bent way!! Mine's practically a Cat D now as I drive it whatever the weather.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
It's never about need its about the want.

Great choice Joe, hat off to you sir. :cool:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lovely mate. Where was it bought from? Feel I recognised the 53 reg.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Lovely mate!

The V6 is by far the best car I have owned!
Cant wait till i can get another :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Simply awesome!

Its got the Spike Janspeed on it...I think...From looking on the V6 Register.

Last edited:

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Cheers lads :)

yeah a hill take you for a spin in it Tom, was bought from Belper!!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Great collection. Road tax must be more than insurance.

Nah, probably a third!

Lovely mate!

The V6 is by far the best car I have owned!
Cant wait till i can get another :)

They are certainly awesome!

Simply awesome!

Its got the Spike Janspeed on it...I think...From looking on the V6 Register.

Thanks dude, it sounds epic!

This +1,000,000,000,000 :)

Fred still thinks he's getting his V6 back... pfft. :p

Possession is 9/10's of the law right?!

Cheers mate! Think I may have seen it in matlock at some point in that case!

Probably not, the last owner has only done 600 miles in it since buying it! Think there's a few localish though.

Great buy joe, hope you enjoy it mate and thank you ;)

You too ;)

I think it's probably going to end up being my daily and M3 in the garage, f**king epic beyond epicness! Love a little blip on a down change!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
What have you managed fuel wise normally dude? Doesn't really bother me but so far it seems to be pretty good!

S4 Avant
Cheers mate! Think I may have seen it in matlock at some point in that case!

Only Vees that you'll see in Matlock are a black one with lexus lights, an illiad that used to be Addzs and possibly still owned by a lad in Tansley, or Mossys illiad. Pretty easy to spot mossys!

Struggling to come to terms with how far you've gone in car ownership Joe. I feel like I've failed at life somewhere!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Only Vees that you'll see in Matlock are a black one with lexus lights, an illiad that used to be Addzs and possibly still owned by a lad in Tansley, or Mossys illiad. Pretty easy to spot mossys!

Struggling to come to terms with how far you've gone in car ownership Joe. I feel like I've failed at life somewhere!

Wouldn't say failed mate! I'm just the only one stupid enough to impulse buy!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looks cracking, and a very serious collection.

Although at the point you're now at, I'd rather have one properly epic car I think.

I mean, what's the value of those three out there? 40k? That's a real lot of potential car, that's probably only going to cost the same as those three combined in running costs.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Looks cracking, and a very serious collection.

Although at the point you're now at, I'd rather have one properly epic car I think.

I mean, what's the value of those three out there? 40k? That's a real lot of potential car, that's probably only going to cost the same as those three combined in running costs.

See your point but it's flawed slightly in my opinion, combined value is around £35k so that's what to base another car on, i.e AMV8. However the Porsche is now sold which was always the plan so that lowers the value down £8k to £27, which is a bit more humble. And I'm not sure what there is for £27k that will give me the combined fun of each one, coupled with the M3 probably not losing hardly any money and the Vee probably appreciating. It's horses for courses obviously but for me this makes more sense.

An AMV8 will cost me £8-10k in a year to own, whereas these 2 will in theory be around £4k at a guess, including sensible funds for repairs etc, that's a big difference! Also in theory I should be able to keep the M3 and the Vee when I buy another house next year.

And to be honest I really like the feeling of deciding what I'll drive to work in the morning when I wake up, as sad as that sounds!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah it's a fair point, didn't know the porker was going, so it makes more sense now. It wasn't a criticism though, I understand it entirely, it's just in your position it's something I'd look at.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Yeah it's a fair point, didn't know the porker was going, so it makes more sense now. It wasn't a criticism though, I understand it entirely, it's just in your position it's something I'd look at.

Yeah I know what you mean and I did think the same, but I have also always wanted to own a V6, my realistic dream car list was Porsche (although a 911 I wasn't too far off!) M3 and V6, so I've ticked those boxes now which has made me very happy!

I'm hoping to settle down a bit now though, 6 cars in 6 months is a bit silly!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
What have you managed fuel wise normally dude? Doesn't really bother me but so far it seems to be pretty good!
Over the time I've had it I've averaged around 23mpg mate (and I don't exactly drive like a granny). Which, I think, isn't too bad at all. Obviously it drops considerably when having a bit of a spirited drive!

If I thrash it, I can get it down to 22mpg on average, usually it's about 27, but when I drove it like a granny on the motorway once I got 35.