ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

picked up the cup 172...

clio cup 172
oh my goodness, how fast!!!! It will happily spin its wheels in the first 3 gears on a slippy road.

Quick question to all the other cup owners, is it just me, but does the clutch bite like a dog with rabies so starting off in 1st can be a real balancing act!?

photos will be put up at the weekend after the polishing and waxing with my UDM.....:cool:

Quick question to all the other cup owners, is it just me, but does the clutch bite like a dog with rabies so starting off in 1st can be a real balancing act!?

Sounds about right lol.

Welcome to the club... whats with the name? not another resident Pap are you?

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
welcome mate, quick little cars!! my clutch is fine, but then i do hav a helix LOL

clio cup 172
yeah spinning the wheels is going to cost! I assume you mean pap test! no I am not just a poor teacher!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Wheelspin= new gearbox
Moving of from standing still briscly will = new gearbox.

black gold 182
bloody ell they must be like china dolls.

im with ya mate mine spins up when it hits 5krpm in 2nd whilst the roads are wet. but i like most others bought it for a good old thrash around every now and then.

bloody ell they must be like china dolls.

im with ya mate mine spins up when it hits 5krpm in 2nd whilst the roads are wet. but i like most others bought it for a good old thrash around every now and then.

There not that bad if you absolutly kill them they will die but otherwsie there not as bad as people make out but there not the strongest point of the car.

J

JACKO CUP 172!

welcome.. just take it steady this time of year it is cup culling season!! and they get a bit lairy this time of year!!

clio cup 172
must say I don't understand how wheelspin affects the clutch?! I don't drop the clutch, far to old for that sort of malarky now!:(

thanks for all your kind welcomes! and yes I am taking it easy, but it is such fun in second and third and it really sounds angry even when idle:D

clio cup 172
oh yeah, does anyone know where I can get a cup sticker like the one on the side of the car to stick on the back?