ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Picked up my 182 today

Renaultsport Clio 182
I picked my Black Golf 182 today, has both the Cup packs, all the usual full fat features, and it's done less than 1800 miles :) A couple of pics I took earlier...

P1010446.jpg

P1010447.jpg

P1010451.jpg

Only done 40 non-thrashy miles so far and already I'm in love. Really does feel much more powerful than my previous car (a 106 GTi), a lot more torque lower down. Gear change is lovely and solid too. Stereo seems decent, no rattling panels etc either. I'm still getting used to the climate control mind!

Really am over the moon right now! Can't wait until the weekend so I can take her for a bit more of a 'proper' drive. Oh and when should a 182 be run in until?

106 GTi
Nice one, enjoy the car, its all ready run in. Renualt say 625 miles, most people say they get quicker as they loosen up.

It's well run in by now. Get it up to temp and thrash it, btw the 172/182 engines start to perform better the more miles they get on them you'll find it'll start to loosen up more once you get over the 10k mark.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Loony said:
It's well run in by now. Get it up to temp and thrash it, btw the 172/182 engines start to perform better the more miles they get on them you'll find it'll start to loosen up more once you get over the 10k mark.

Definately, our 182 demonstrators are shite until they've done about 4000 miles. you'll really love it once it gets there!

Renaultsport Clio 182
Nice one, will have to see what she can do come the weekend :)

The whole car is as new, had a peek under the bonnet earlier and there isn't a spec of dirt anywhere. Really am chuffed!

Loony said:

Mine came alive at about 12k, and I raped it from new (when hot)

Nice one to the OP by the way, your car looks mint

Renaultsport Clio 182
Cheers guys :)

Just been out for a bit of a drive, now I know what you all mean about the 5k kick... WOAH! Boots you back in your seat!

Peugeot 207 GT THP
Glad you're enjoying the car mate, it looks really nice. That 5k kick is so addictive. I don't drive mine much, which I guess makes it even more enjoyable when I do. Don't let the guys from PGAC hear you saying it feels more powerful than their GTIs. ;)

Renaultsport Clio 182
Yea I won't be putting a huge amount of miles on mine... just the 2 mile trip to work everyday and weekend 'enjoyment' type driving. And yea I kind of had doubts at first about selling my GTi, certain 106 owners kept telling me the GTi is quicker than a 182. Defo not, no regrets now! The 182 feels so much more solid inside, like driving more of a 'proper' car.

Loving it :)

LY V6 with Recaros
Yeah know what you mean about feeling more like a 'proper' car, i went from a saxo vtr, and i loved it to bits, but this feels like more of a 'grown up' car!

RenaultSport clio 18
The rattles will come! remember it's French! As I have both the 106 and 182 I can safely they are so different! Still have to wait til the 182 loosens up to see if it revs as freely! I've still only got 900 on the clock and am waiting ever so patiently.

Nice one...looks lovely! :approve:

I know what you mean about going from a 106 as I had a Quiksilver before the 182 and as Deb says this just feels more 'grown up'.

M5,Range Rover Sport & R1
Josh27 said:
I picked my Black Golf 182 today, has both the Cup packs, all the usual full fat features, and it's done less than 1800 miles :) A couple of pics I took earlier...

^^^^ black Golf 182 WTF!!!!!!

Scirocco GT 210
Josh27 said:
Cheers guys :)

Just been out for a bit of a drive, now I know what you all mean about the 5k kick... WOAH! Boots you back in your seat!

I've had my clio a year now and I'm still in love with the 5k kick, never get tired of it, tis wunderbar!

Glad to see you're loving the clio Josh! :D

Renaultsport Clio 182
SimonFr said:
Fantastic!! What made you go for the Clio ??

Si

Loads of reasons. The way it's described as one of the best hot hatches ever, the way it looks sooo good etc. I drove a 172 Cup previously to driving a 182, loved that too, handled so well, and the 182 was the next step up from that really as I wanted luxuries like climate control etc.

Black Clio 182
i want one i want one lol

im seriously thinking about getting a black gold 182 cup, how much did it cost you?

Black/Gold 182
you can only get full fat in black gold + optional cup packs I went for the just cup suspension (+anthracite alloys) not bothered by the spoilers.

2001 172,VW Touran
if itwas a golf they would make it so it wouldn't get that famous tramping and banging that fables clio 172/182