ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pic request cup altternator set

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
ive had a search and can't seem to see a pic of a cup aux set up on a f4r lump.(out of bay)

has any one got a pic so i can see if it will fit in a mk1 bay.

also how is it tensioned? is like the mk1 with an adjustable tensioning pulley or like a standard 172 set up with a auto tensioner

ITB'd MK1
I'm going to try it in my mk1 bay in the next week or so when time allows (on F7R)

the tensioning is done by movement of the alternator. it's pulled up on a screw thread then clamped off with a bolt on the adjuster and the pivot

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
right so it tensions like a non pas set up if you get what i mean.

is the pas above the alternator like a valver set up

edit think i found a pic of one

engine1.jpg

is this a cup setup

ITB'd MK1
if you've seen the volvo setup, then you know how the cup setup works. It's just a cast aluminium version of the bracket that's a lot bigger and bolts to the front of the block rather than just the end/side

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
ah ok

is the pic above a pic of the cup set up? if so i dont reckon it will fit in a mk1 bay, the pump looks to be close to the where the subframe mounts.

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
right i was looking for an alternative to the valver set up for the pas. but if it wont fit ill have to look for another solution.