ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pic request: coilover assembly

LY R26
il try and get some at the weekend when i take the adjusted out the rears mate!

Last edited:
this is as best as i can explain it without removing stuff...

Coilovers.jpg

Take everything off the top of your standard shock, remove the bolt that was on top of the coilovers & throw it far away - it's too big.
Then just put everything back ontop of the coilover as it came off the original damper, screw it back on with the bolt that was on your original damper, put it on the car, attach top mount, all should be well...

it's late, and i can't word how to do this for s**t! :eek:

it's just as the normal OEM set up is i.e spring separate from damper, but underneath the spring there is a height adjuster - the same as with most coilovers except AST's etc..

liquid yellow 182
Sorry if i sound like a right noob, but is that picture with the adjuster nuts screwed right to the bottom of the coilover at its lowest limit, or would it be if it was screwed all the way to the top with the most compression on the spring? cheers

Evo 8 MR
I can't quite remember if there was more than just the rubber I kept, it's fairly obvious when you have the strut off though.