ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pic Request: BTB Backbox Exhaust Hangers

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
As title really!

Have had a seach and although there are good pics from just after inital fitted i'm wanting to see if anyones has dropped or not. Wondering if I should be getting zippy ties out!

Saner

Integra Type R & 205 Mi16
The original one on mat's car never dropped over about a 6-8 month period. But thats not to say that the rubbers won't get tired as they're hardle the best in the world. Might be worth injecting some silicone sealant in the holes on the rubber hangers just to stiffen things up a bit as a preventative measure.

Lionel Richie
chop out the OE rubbers in the mount and buy some rubber hangars from a motorfactor and wedge them in, job done

VRS
mine started to sag very slightly on the right hand side so i packed it with rubber :D it was only a slight drop but i have no faith in the shocking renault mounts so packed it up just to be safe

a thirsty one
i secured mine with cable ties although the orig rubber mounts seemed fine i used cable ties as a security measure.

RB 182
mines saggier thn an old womans t*ts will try get some pics for yas. fixed it slightly by stickin some copper pipe to wedge it up but it still leanin to the right. will have to have another look at it 2moro

Like this Jon...

Mountmod-1.jpg

had mine (BTB) just a year iirc
on standard mounts new when exhaust was fitted and had no movement what so ever

a thirsty one
day - thats looks like a good job i bet thats pretty solid. whats the blue material and what system are you running as doesnt look like the btb mounts.

my mounts were in good nick and to be honest i didnt really get any movement and it sat 100% centered but i used 2 cable ties per mount just as a secuirty measure incase mount splits. some cheap samco style pipe cable tied into the gaps would be spot on as will still give some play but should be quite solid for those having trouble.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Woops, I let you down on that Ralph!

Yeah teh BTB is sagging to the right, just had the mounts replaced, both of them and it makes no difference. The right side box is pretty much sitting on the bottom of the bracket. I'll get some zippy ties as a quick fix and see where I can get some other mounts from.. any ideas?

Did you fit it yourself?

I fitted my BTB yesterday, took me a while to get it alligned. Had to twist it and hold it in place while i tighted up the cat to center section mount, need to twist it and wiggle it about a lot to get it sitting straight.

all prospeed do is to get some silicon tubing, put them through the gaps in the mount then put some cable ties to hold them in place - worked perfectly on my old prospeed. Still get some movement when its hot due to the metal expanding but cools back down to the right position.

Ive got a some samco keyrings in my garage which you could remove the metal keyring bit and use the silicon pipe to fill the gaps - if you want some Saner Ill wack them in the post to you.

Otherwise try a new mount - itll be better but still not perfect probably - they really are crap

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Did you fit it yourself?

I fitted my BTB yesterday, took me a while to get it alligned. Had to twist it and hold it in place while i tighted up the cat to center section mount, need to twist it and wiggle it about a lot to get it sitting straight.

A new BTB? Thought they'd sold out?

M2 Competition
The mounting trick day mentined is spot on. Thats how ive got mine mounted.

Shame renault made an exhaust fitting system that requires zip ties to hold it in place :dapprove:

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I would have given that ago but Dave at Rentach has tryed something which although hasn't fixed it, is much better!

VRS
ive found with my btb i haven't had to modify the hangers, 9 months on and its still sitting nice and snug :D

i originally thought it was sagging but the brackets just needed a bit of adjustment to get it sitting right