ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photoshop request - 205GTi

browno

ClioSport Club Member

Ive just bought a 205GTi as a track toy, and wondered if any of the resident photoshop wizards fancy giving it the racer look with some race decals?
The body on it is nice and tidy, but I reckon itll just stand out that bit with a few graphics, to complement the stripped look the interior now has (to which we are going to add a cage, seats, etc).
Looking for inspiration - so go as wild as you like, and it may even end up on the car!
Here are a couple of pics - all Ive got handy Im afraid!
Thanks!
Browno
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/browno/DSC00853.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/browno/DSC00851.jpg

Suzuki SV1000S

P/X it for my 172 mate - Sorry had to continue the banta!!

Can you pm some details about the car dude, Am prob. gonna get one too when I sell mine as a fun runabout! Price and mileage etc..

browno

ClioSport Club Member

Cheers for the comments - were working on making it a beast - getting it to drive right and be a good track motor first, then we might think about making it quicker (did I hear anyone say MI16:devilish: ?!)
Basically at the moment its a bit of a plaything, which is nice!
I thought graphics might be a bit tricky on p/s (Im no expert user though!) so thought Id see if anyone could rise to it!
Thanks for the C/S logo though Patty - might make people wonder anyway!:p ;)

tiTTy & SV650

im a great fan of 205s having had a gti, handling is phenomenal. But for my track car / play thing Ive decided to go for a lotus 7 style kit car instead. Probably a bit dearer to buy but wont require any track mods so probably cost similar.

2.0 Pinto engined things to be had for under £3k, weigh bugger all and RWD - should run rings round most things on track.

Petrol Blue 182

Hello people im selling one exactly the same as this completely original.

Anyone wanna buy it as a plaything they are welcome,will have 12 month MOT, PM me offers as its sat in the garage and my dad wants it out ASAP!

Octavia VRS

I wouldnt mind getting a gti for a wee runabout for me and giving the clio to the girlfriend wen we move in.

Wouldnt wanna pay a great deal but would want a sound example. How much would I be talking? 1.6 or 1.9 - Ive heard 1.6s are the better ones for some reason?

tiTTy & SV650

1.6 engines are stronger and the 1.6 suffers less from liftoff oversteer (well they are more predictable...)

see my profile pic for my old miami blue 1.6gti

[Edited by rory182 on 28 April 2005 at 10:46am]

Octavia VRS

thats a nice example rory, love the colour. Any ideas on how much a h/j plate 1.6 would cost? Would only want it a year or 2 so I can save for a new car

tiTTy & SV650

i got mine for £1500 from the Glenfarg Garage in Perthshire (bout 2.5 years ago), it only had 67k on it. You can get them for cheaper - but theyre few and far between for a clean one. drivers seats are usually all torn (due to very thin material) 205 rallye was worse for it.

I kept mine about 18 months and sold it for £1750, so theyre an investment really. Sold mine to a guy from Falkirk, its still around.

Octavia VRS

Yeh would be willing to pay around £1500, but as you say the tidy ones are hard to come by these days.

tiTTy & SV650

yeah, be prepared to travel for one. great car to have owned though, handling is amazing - go for one without power steering and without cat i.e. 115bhp

Petrol Blue 182

Mine is a very tidy example,no dents or scratches and not a mark anywhere on the interior if someone offered me £800 they could take it wi 12 month MOT no problem

Its completely original and 1.6 just as peugeot intended.

Octavia VRS

not that far from edinburgh, Ill have to wait until I move in with the woman first mate before I can look at buying a runabout but soooo tempting price. Any pics?

Petrol Blue 182

I havent got any pics but i could dig it out the garage and take some at the weekend,i need to pump tyres up aswell ha ha.

Been sat there a while now and my dad wants his garge back.

browno

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by ricjax99 on 11 May 2005

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/ricjax99/DSC00853.jpg

:D

Comps, Coilys, buckets, cage sorted.
Superb photoshop - think Ive got some serious learning to do!

Looking good - this is kind of what were aiming for (going to be looking for cage and buckets at FCS, interior is stripped and painted ready). Have got a set of 1.9GTi alloys for it - to be refurbed in either white or silver (another dilemma!). Then its time to get the handling sorted!

Having seen this, I reckon we might need to finish the job before considering graphics (and just think of the weight saving!) this looks nicely subtle, but like it could do the business on the track!

Thanks!