ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photoshop CS 2 vs Microsoft Digital Image 10?

Black-Gold 182
Hi guys,

I was looking at everyone's Paintshop images and I am thinking about getting a copy so I can do some work on the pictures I've taken from the Clio Cup support races for the BTCC. The question is, I can get a copy of Microsoft Digital Image 10 for nothing, so does anyone rate this, or is it better to fork out for a full copy of Photoshop C2 (or maybe C3?)

Appreciate the feedback.

Fiesta ST
Photoshop is very expensive and probs overkill for what you need it for (its aimed at professionals who can make money from it). There is ways to get a copy if your that way inclined and is the best software on the market by a long shot.

lets put it this way NOTHING is as good as photo shop at all but other stuff will do what you wanr cheaper like photoshop elements paintshop pro

Black-Gold 182
Ok... So what we're saying here is, if I can "aquire" a copy of Photoshop, that'll be awesome.

Ok, choice made....

I thought I'd add a quick pic of the Clio Cup racing from Thruxton - got loads more at home, but only the one on work PC.

It's a lot bigger than this, but had to shrink it to get it to upload.

Attachments

• Clio small.JPG
    Clio small.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 105
  Black-Gold 182
what you thinking of doing to that photo?

That one in particular? erm, well getting rid that annoying fence post in the foreground for a start, and maybe sorting the contrast out on the pic - the blacks look a little grey.

That was just an example of what I had, but I've loads of others, just not on my work PC.

photoshop elements its the home version of photoshop i was just using version 2 they just released version 6

when i did the cloaning i seem to have made a dinosaur in the track lol

A4 Avant
Elements is basically a cut down version of the full photoshop programme, but costs a fraction of the price, so you could legally purchase it!

As McBunny said. LOL.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Elemants is perfect for your basic editing of photos, I still use it if all I need to do is quickly adjust the contrast of an image.

But if you can get hold of a copy of PS CS you will never need any other form of image software again. I go a legit copy from the company I work for, and I would never give it up.

It takes a lot of time to master the skills on Photoshop but some of the stuff you can do with it are amazing, I have just finished a advert for one of my freinds company, which ended up have over 500 layers, and took over 60 hours to complete. Unfortuanlty I have had to sign a silence clause which means I can use it in my portofolio or show it to anyone else, which is a bar steward as it is my best work to date. LOL

D

dick

personally, im far from a proffessional, and ive just looked what elements doenst have from a website, and i couldnt function propperly with elements. so deffo get the full version.

most of all, the masking options, use that soooooooooooooooo much, aparantly elemtns doesnt have that?!

(resized and very compressed hence the s**t quality!)

bless her :)
just finished that, gonna get that up on a canvas for my cousins bday pressie (its her baby btw)
(look at her eyes, its meeee!!!)

can we not see a little thumbnail even?!

Last edited by a moderator:
  Fiesta ST
Had a bit of repair job in today for a customer :

1709250929_8e988163b6_o.png

Currently working on it but so far managed to recovery some of it:

1709331041_d1ae89714b_o.png

Photoshop is a great tool I use daily (like a socket set to a mechanic)

personally, im far from a proffessional, and ive just looked what elements doenst have from a website, and i couldnt function propperly with elements. so deffo get the full version.

most of all, the masking options, use that soooooooooooooooo much, aparantly elemtns doesnt have that?!

(resized and very compressed hence the s**t quality!)

just finished that, gonna get that up on a canvas for my cousins bday pressie (its her baby btw)

personally i dont like that picture they eyes need to be in focus imho

D

dick

personally i dont like that picture they eyes need to be in focus imho

ye i may have overdone the softening to be honest mate, which is probably more likely. il check the origal 1

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
photoshop is amazing. im not bad with it at all and i probably only know about 2% of its capability!