ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photography plans for 2012

RIP Dan
Following Laura and Dans comments in the like it thread....

Any plans for what you are going to do photog in 2012?

I am planning on getting a waterproof housing for my SLR and getting in the water a lot more. Love shots of waves and plan to get loads in 2012.

Also want a 10-20mm to do some architecture shots. There are some awesome Art Deco buildings here, would like to do a series of them.

Lastly, low light stuff. Another hobby of mine is exploring the German stuff here, there around 12 huge German tunnels. Would like to get in some and do some shots, I am weak in low light though.

I don't think I'll bother with a project 52 this year, only managed about 25 odd weeks last year :(

I really want to get my automotive photography gears going again. I didn't even touch my rig, or my lights AT ALL last year, which is frankly disgraceful!

And I'd like to have a small break in the Lake District for a couple of days to do nothing but photography.

All words though :(

Ideally I'll use it a lot.

I'd love to travel and thus have a reason to actually use my camera. Sand, sea and old people get boring to take pictures of after a while.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
My plans are to get rid of some of my lenses and get a fast one (70-200) and a new body, maybe something that shoots video too just in case I want to have a little play with that.

I want to do more auto shots and would like to get to a decent amount of bike races too but work might scupper them plans.

I also want to do a 52 but I feel I might get too many samey shots so might just settle for trying to get a really good 12.

Last edited:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Simple for me. Get out with the camera more.

Bought a new body back in the summer and have barely touched it. Terrible really.

First thing I want to do is swap my 50mm for the AF-S version. Also want to shoot more video.

Oil Burner
Make it cost me less money!

Attend all 10 rounds of the BTCC.

Do the IOM TT, WRC, Oulton Park BSB with a long lens.......... Maybe N'ring 24hr with the Porsche Carrera Cup UK boys.

Get a 300mm 2.8 and stop pissing around with telelconverters.

Get rid of my 50d and get another 1d mksomething.

I'm really tempted to try a project 365 (or 366 due to the leap year) - but not sure if I'd end up hating myself
Might do a project 52 instead

Very tempted to get a Canon G12 as a daily carry around camera and basically try to get out the office/house more and do more with my camera

As silly as it sounds, I'd like to do more photography with my phone when I don't have my SLR (as I don't carry it around with me all the time surprisingly!)

I've been pretty impressed with the quality of the photos from the iPhone (4S). And I've seen some awesome collections of images taken with it too!

I've not had my camera that long.

I started a 52 project and only managed 3 weeks before I got behind :(. Hopefully I'll catch back up this week.

Next year I really want to get out and about much more especially when the weather gets nicer.

When the weather is rubbish I don't really want to go out and get all my stuff wet and I struggle for inspiration. The inspiration bit certainly needs addressing next year.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I'm really tempted to try a project 365 (or 366 due to the leap year) - but not sure if I'd end up hating myself
Might do a project 52 instead

I lasted 8 days when I tried it 2 years back, lol!

May try again this (next) year...maybe.

koi

Audi S1
Get out with the camera more, not used in a while.

Phone photography is a good idea but the camera on mine sucks, upgrade due in Feb though :)

As silly as it sounds, I'd like to do more photography with my phone when I don't have my SLR (as I don't carry it around with me all the time surprisingly!)

I've been pretty impressed with the quality of the photos from the iPhone (4S). And I've seen some awesome collections of images taken with it too!

THIS!!!

I have really mixed feelings about it - I hate the fact that flickr is now just a huge collection of poor quality phone photos - but then I've got some friends that post on instagram when they're out and about and the photos are better than I do with my SLR

I decided if I do a 365 I'm just gonna post iPhone shots on the days I don't want to be lugging my SLR around. Some of the phone app editing software produces really nice results!

Yeah, I've been thinking about Instagram too.

But then I don't go anywhere during the day, to/from work or sat at my desk. That'll be boring by Jan 5th.

182 & Porsche 986
i'd take part in a instagram 365 or 52.. i hardly use my camera now, since my flickr suspended i feel even less motivated to take pictures.

Yeah, I've been thinking about Instagram too.

But then I don't go anywhere during the day, to/from work or sat at my desk. That'll be boring by Jan 5th.

That's my problem too - but it's only 10min walk into town. I'm gonna try to force myself to take a lunch break every day and do a bit of street photography :)

Arctic Blue FF 182
Haven't done as much as I wanted this year, and what I have done I have really enjoyed, so my list is:

-Buy at least one new lens
-Might try a 365 project
-Get into some nightclub/ night life photography

James

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Plan to progress more, try some portrait photography and definitely do a 52. It's a great feeling getting positive comments on a photo.

Get the hell away from doing 365s or 52s :)
I have been doing a 365 since the start of 2010 and after 2 years I feel like I am not enjoying photography as much as I used to.
I am going to try and get back into enjoying shooting and not feel "forced" into having to take shots due to some ongoing project or another.
Got some good travel plans for 2012 so hopefully that'll mean plenty of chances to take some good photos.

Instagram is a good shout.

Sure you get the stpuid t***s taking a photo of themselves everyday, or what they have for lunch etc

But there are some seriously good folk on there too!

Just got a flashgun so I am going to start experimenting with some portrait stuff. I really enjoyed shooting at a wedding but my photography has come on leaps and bounds in 6 months.

Investments will be hopefully a 70-200 and maybe a new walkabout or wide angle, currently undecided.

Oh and if I do 52 (and keep it up) what week is the first? 7th Jan?

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
I'd like to buy a 600D in 2012, tried one on Wednesday, I was impressed.