ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photo Editing Software

Clio 197 RB
I've got my New Canon D600 and my Apple MacBook Pro on its way.
Can you guys recommend some decent software for me to at around with my photos.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Light room. Plenty of places to get it and it doesn't need cracking like photoshop as it never checks the code.

Adobe are doing a monthly payment system now so you get the software upgrades.
I've just downloaded the new photoshop and it is a lot further from photoshop 7 which I used a hell of a lot a long time back. It will take me a while to get used to it.

Some people use GIMP but I just couldn't get used to it after trying it last week. Plus the new version has a weird way of saving files. Doesn't save a JPEG which is a pain in the arse. It's certainly no adobe but it is free.

I've just started playing with LR, it's decent enough. It's a very simple tool editing wise, or certainly from what I can see. Try not to think of it as a replacement for PS, as it isn't really.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Lightroom is the best for light tweaking. It's better than photoshop for tweaking photos with things such as spot exposure/white balance/noise reduction etc that would be lengthy tasks in photoshop. Photoshop is more for completely changing an image or making things with more than one image such as HDR.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Aperture is pretty decent good as it works well with iPhoto.