ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase ones that won't start grrrr

clio 172 track
Hi Guy's advice needed
Picked u a non running phase 1 which the seller said seemed to go through fuel pumps and relays..
Fast forward and the pump doesn't appear to be priming, I popped a test light to the 4 wires that lead to the pump and no power with ignition on. Swopped out the relay off a working car and no difference. Car will crank over and has spark.
So my other phase 1 runs and drives ( call it car 2 ) and I pressed the red cut off located by the battery as I was curious to see what happened and low and behold this one won't start now with exactly the same symptoms so I can only assume that maybe the red switch was at fault with the 1st car ?

Q, how do you reset the red fuel cut off once it's been pressed as I can't get car 2 to start now ?
Other than this switch what else could be causing the issues on car 1 if let's say it wasn't the switch.
Thanks

PH2 172
Hi Guy's advice needed
Picked u a non running phase 1 which the seller said seemed to go through fuel pumps and relays..
Fast forward and the pump doesn't appear to be priming, I popped a test light to the 4 wires that lead to the pump and no power with ignition on. Swopped out the relay off a working car and no difference. Car will crank over and has spark.
So my other phase 1 runs and drives ( call it car 2 ) and I pressed the red cut off located by the battery as I was curious to see what happened and low and behold this one won't start now with exactly the same symptoms so I can only assume that maybe the red switch was at fault with the 1st car ?

Q, how do you reset the red fuel cut off once it's been pressed as I can't get car 2 to start now ?
Other than this switch what else could be causing the issues on car 1 if let's say it wasn't the switch.
Thanks
Just press the switch again.
http://www.cliosport.net/threads/clio-not-starting-fuel-cut-off-switch.791337/

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
or disconnect it and bridge the plug with a bit of wire to prove its the switch at fault

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Worth checking the plug in the drivers footwell next to the accelerator pedal. Need to pull the trim back to get to it. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen the plug come loose and stop any power getting to the fuel pump.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Normally the button can only be pressed after it pops up in event of a crash (or in these, a bump) also check the 5a fuse, brown I think is.