ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 2 172 speedo - works from abs correct? what if you remove abs, still works?

If i removed the abs pump from my phase 2 172 and put the brake pipes straight to master cylinder but and left the abs pump plug just hanging would the speedo work?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Depends which ph2 mate. Early ones and cup ones run off the speedo sensor in the gearbox. Mine does for example.

And if you remove the ABS, I believe the speedo doesn't work as I looked into this when I did the ABS removal
on mine.

its 51 plate so is an early one, can't open the bonnet without another person so can't check right now! don't suppose you know how the loom is different?
did you do abs removal?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
its 51 plate so is an early one, can't open the bonnet without another person so can't check right now! don't suppose you know how the loom is different?
did you do abs removal?

51 plate it's likely to be a gearbox speedo sensor.

Not sure how the loom is different, but yep I removed the ABS.