ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 praise

Megane R26
So I've had my ph1 for about a month now and I'm really enjoying it.
I'm not new to Rs ownership, 3 172 Cups, 3 182 and a 200.

Can't really compare the 200,that was a fantastic car but the ph1 wins hands down out of the 172/182 for solid feel and fun factor

Feels better built, more solid, eager and nimble.
I've added a few mods but already feels very confidence inspiring and sharp.

The throttle feels snappy and natural, the exterior is pretty aggressive and really grown on me. Wasn't sure on the Gearing initially but I feel it suits the car so plans to change to a 172 Cup box have now been scrapped.

Will be keeping this one for a while. (have all the original bits to swap over) Anyone else rate the ph1 over the others?

Mods for anyone Interested -
182 heatwrapped manifold & decat
Ktec stealth with custom 2.25 exit
ITG filter
Rs lower inlet
Red Magnecor leads
Bms shifter
Ph2 dash
Cup spoiler
Braided brake lines
Hid conversion
OMP dished suede steering wheel
Cobreau Dfx seats
172 Cup dampers
Cooksport springs
Gaz top mounts
182 subframe
182 polybushed wishbones
Polybushed arb
Ph2 polybushed dogmount
182 steering rack, polybushed
20mm spacers front & 16mm rear
Camber bolts - 1.3 front
Whiteline rear ARB

Off to Engine Dynamics next week for a remap.

Still have a Carbon fibre bonnet to fit and wheels to refurb in silver then im pretty much done.
Pics -
ait88as8.jpg

kcsuvx2r.jpg

qm4q4l6m.jpg

Last edited:

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
In all honesty the 182 drives better, it's definitely keener (it is mapped, phase 1 is stock) and it's a nicer place to be daily with the toys (cruise/climate etc).
But the phase 1 is just so much cooler, I feel more excited about driving it. Reminds me much more of the mk1 which I prefer again over them all. Oh and it looks better
Tough call, lol