ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 horn stalk into phase 2

EVO 4LEX

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R and a 172 Cup
I've bought a sabelt wheel to go in my phase 2 172 cup and have to fit a phase 1 stalk for the horn but cannot find a 'how to'

Does one exist anywhere or does anyone have any pictures as I believe some wires have to be moved

Cheers

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
There is a guide on how to do this..well.. There use to be as I used it to do mine

EVO 4LEX

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R and a 172 Cup
Maybe it is just plug and play but I read something somewhere saying two wires had to be moved?

I can't find the guide on how to do it so just thought I'd ask the question?

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
It is plug and play. The guide was just removing covers and screws. No changing of wires. I did it on my poverty spec stalk on the trophy and just swapped it out for the adjustable one.

EVO 4LEX

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R and a 172 Cup
Just remember to swap over the indicator cancel pins (not sure if that it is actual name for it). The one on the ph1 is often shorter and means the self cancel doesn't work.

Are these really obvious? Don't suppose you have a picture do you?

Focus RS + S3
I fitted a ph1 stalk to my brothers 182, and im sure the cancel works, just plug and play

Ill double check though

I fitted a ph1 stalk to my brothers 182, and im sure the cancel works, just plug and play

Ill double check though

It is plug and play if you don't want your indicators to cancel, in my case anyway, as alluded to in my post I'm not sure if it is all Ph1 stalks or not. Worth the OP checking when they are both off the car.

S-Max & Mk7 GTi
Where are you guys getting your phase 1 stalks from? I really fancy a Sabelt wheel but want to be sure that I can get a stalk first. Does it look right when fitted, by this I mean is it noticeable that it’s not the original? Plastic/shape any different?

S-Max & Mk7 GTi
Just from anyone thats selling one mate or breaking a phase1,i dont think it has to be an RS clio either @Photomattbrown
Might have a trip to the scrappers early next week then see what I can find. Do you have the Sabelt wheel? Only other thing that worries me (other than getting a stalk) is wear?! Then again I’ll prob be doing max 3k a year so should be fine I guess.

Gc8

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182FF
Am I likely to have any problems wiring up the horn to a Sparco wheel with a Momo boss?

Might have a trip to the scrappers early next week then see what I can find. Do you have the Sabelt wheel? Only other thing that worries me (other than getting a stalk) is wear?! Then again I’ll prob be doing max 3k a year so should be fine I guess.

Dont worry about the wear, I was when I first got it and was holding on to it like I was handling a baby robin. You cant avoid a bit of wear/dirt so just use it! Its such a nice wheel, grab one off @R-Sport. before they go because they are rare!

Gc8

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182FF
Hope so I ordered one earlier. However the 1 star rating wasn’t there which seems to basically says it is s**t!

Gc8

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182FF
Yeah it came today. It’s in a proper box and is a new part. However, it’s made in China by a company I’ve never heard of (yasid ).

I can’t fit it for a while but @danterzza got one today as well. I think he’ll probably get round to fitting his before me so hopefully he’ll be able to confirm whether it was ok or not.

monaco 172
Whats The reason behind buying a phase 1 stalk?

My 172 seems to have one on as the horn is on the stalk and not on the wheel, but it only has 1 fog light selection so my front fogs done work.

I'd happily swap it for a phase 2 stalk ..

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Whats The reason behind buying a phase 1 stalk?

My 172 seems to have one on as the horn is on the stalk and not on the wheel, but it only has 1 fog light selection so my front fogs done work.

I'd happily swap it for a phase 2 stalk ..
Poverty spec clios don’t have the horn on the stalk. So after market steering wheels with no horn button you need to swap to the stalk with the horn.

monaco 172
Poverty spec clios don’t have the horn on the stalk. So after market steering wheels with no horn button you need to swap to the stalk with the horn.

Does this mean a replacement squib also?

I'm bidding on a phase 2 stalk now to get my foglights back, but does this mean I'll need a phase 2 squib to move the horn back to the wheel?

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Does this mean a replacement squib also?

I'm bidding on a phase 2 stalk now to get my foglights back, but does this mean I'll need a phase 2 squib to move the horn back to the wheel?

No... all wiring is in place...wiring loom is universal between models.
I swapped my poverty spec trophy wiper stalk for the adjustable intermittent version

monaco 172
No... all wiring is in place...wiring loom is universal between models.
I swapped my poverty spec trophy wiper stalk for the adjustable intermittent version
That's strange then. I'm gonna have to take my wheel off tomorow for a gander as the horn on the wheel doesn't work but the horn on stalk does work.

Hopefully it's just not plugged in