ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 172 vs Espace V6 airbox! Which is better?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Hi all, I know this has been covered loads of times but in most threads I see, people always say one or the other.

Iv'e got a 172 cup and want to know which one is best to retrofit? I'm aware of the differences between the two and I plan on not using the caf's and run a itg panel filter. Also does the samco tb-2174 induction elbow fit either of the conversions with my phase 2?

I'm going to be getting a remap from tour de force so want to get one on before the map.

Any guidance Appricated :)

Theyre the same box, only difference is the ph1 172 box has 2 intakes (small) and the Espace has one big intake.

As to which has more gains, I think it would be VERY minimal so get which ever you can actually find!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Nice one cheers buddy. Also with the samco it says only for phase 2? Does it fit the two variants of box properly?

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I've got a greenstuff cotton filter in my airbox. Mine is a 172 Ph1 airbox with two air inlet pipes that come from under the left headlight.