ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phantom Black TT QS

I thought i'd stick up a thread about my Audi TT QS that i bought at the start of June last year.

After deciding i didn't want to keep running 2 cars and paying out for MOT's, Tax etc i decided to sell the XJ8 and Clio (after 10 years of ownership) and get one car which was a good all rounder. I was initially looking a for an R26, and even viewed a few, but then the TT QS came up for sale. After doing some research into them i decided to go and take a look and i bought it there and then.

It's just coming upto 64k miles and has all the usual QS options such as Climate Control, BOSE, Recaro Pole Positions, alcantara handbrake, steering wheel and gear knob.
TTQS-1.jpg

TTQS-2.jpg

TTQS-3.jpg

TTQS-4.jpg

TTQS-5.jpg

TTQS-6.jpg

TTQS-7.jpg

TTQS-8.jpg

TTQS-9.jpg

TTQS-10.jpg

TTQS-11.jpg

In the 6 months of ownership i've had absolutely no issues (other than a puncture). At the end of November i drove down to Switzerland for a ski trip and we fitted in 2 pairs of skis and all our luggage with no problem at all (it's just a shame there was no snow about).

At the moment it's completely standard other than the red vinyl light cover and the XCarLink for my iPhone. I do have a Neuspeed P-Flo intake and 3" SFS TIP sitting here which i had planned on fitting and then getting a remap but i'm still undecided whether to go down the modifying route or not. I've been looking around for alternatives that would be quicker out of the box for similar money but other than an E46 M3 i'm not finding much (and i'm not sure i'd get a decent sub 85k mile M3 for 8-9k).

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yes yes yes! Why do they just look so so good in Black? It's really just a V6 with different wheels but in black they look immense!

One thing missing? Noise? That engine makes babies cry. You need what @ColinG had on his QS.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Love these. Blacks not my favourite colour, on any car.

Seats are epic! Still seem to be holding strong money too.

Yes yes yes! Why do they just look so so good in Black? It's really just a V6 with different wheels but in black they look immense!

One thing missing? Noise? That engine makes babies cry. You need what @ColinG had on his QS.

Yeah there is a little bit of turbo noise but not enough to make sound exciting or special like a V6 might, being my first turbo charged car it was a novelty to begin with but that wore off.

Also, if you want to tidy up that wire, you can fit one of these for bluetooth music streaming... Unless you use if for keeping your phone charged too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wireless-...luetooth_Adapters_Dongles&hash=item5d4762344a

The XCarLink does have Bluetooth aswell but the cable is handy for charging my phone

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Yeah there is a little bit of turbo noise but not enough to make sound exciting or special like a V6 might, being my first turbo charged car it was a novelty to begin with but that wore off.

The XCarLink does have Bluetooth aswell but the cable is handy for charging my phone

Ah right, does it support calls too?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome. Loved mine.

PS. A map and tip is all they need and makes them what they should have been from the factory.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Oh and if you remove your steering wheel and give it a good wash in hot soapy water it'll come up like new..;)

Suzuki Jimny
My mates got a red one for sale, the steering wheel is what's putting people off buying it though! Can't be bothered to clean it up ffs!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My mates got a red one for sale, the steering wheel is what's putting people off buying it though! Can't be bothered to clean it up ffs!
They literally take 5 mins to remove. It makes a big difference to a sticky, shiny looking wheel..lol

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
They literally take 5 mins to remove. It makes a big difference to a sticky, shiny looking wheel..lol

As long as you have the right spline bit, which I didn't when I first tried to take the SW off my A3 haha.

Them seats are lovely.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Nice mate! Love them in black. Mine will be up for sale next week after I have it serviced, I have a new car lined up so will be rather cheap sadly!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Good luck with the sale. They are still going for strong money I see. Nice low mileage on yours!

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
are the recaro's heated like they are on the normal seats?

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
the heated seats are the one thing I like about my dad's TT, although the back seats are not useable at all!

I think if I was to get a TT, i'd get a regular 225 and remove the back seats, plus isnt a QS a 225 with a map essentially?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
the heated seats are the one thing I like about my dad's TT, although the back seats are not useable at all!

I think if I was to get a TT, i'd get a regular 225 and remove the back seats, plus isnt a QS a 225 with a map essentially?
It's more than just a map my friend. They are made in the GMBH factory with the RS range.
Different ratios, under car bracing, amongst other things. Enough changes to have a different engine code to the rest.

QS's can have normal seats spec'd so if they are, they'd be heated.