ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH2 182 Non Start - immobiliser fault?

John Lindsay

ClioSport Club Member
  PH2 RS182
Here's a video showing my non-start/possible immobiliser issue. It's sporadic and I can't seem to work out the exact scenario where it occurs. (Hopefully the link works)

At the start of the video you can see the red dot and stop light are illuminated solidly. When I turn the key to the crank position in this state nothing happens. I then turn the key off and back to position one, the red dot goes out and I can do whatever I like with the key - the car starts whether I crank immediately or remove the key and turn on again. After a period with the battery isolated and the key out I can go back to the car and it starts no problem, however sometimes it has the red dot again.

I thought I had sussed it today when I repaired some broken wiring from the white multiplug in the engine bay fuse box to the ECU, whilst this has helped and I can almost always get the car to start now I don't feel the problem is truly cured, I don't want to trailer the car to a track day one time and find that I can't get it to start.

dan's cast offs.
try ignition on for 30 seconds, key out, lock car, wait 10 seconds, unlock car, ignition on and see what it does then.

solid red means it's seeing the key so could be wiring or uch issue. but they can throw a curve ball from time to time, i've got a video of a phase 1 running with a fast flashing imobilliser light showing!!