ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph1 vee, few pics before winter sorn

Went out for final blat before putting away her for the winter, and stopped off for a last few pics:

What a great car, i love these things!!! so much fun!!!

10005773555_0d6d9a05e2_b.jpg

10005768534_02c1239d0a_b.jpg

10005924903_94cd07516d_b.jpg

Love it!! Some 18's and spoiler from the Mk2 and you're onto a winner!!

Thanks, I want to keep it 100% OEM so wouldnt put any ph2 parts on it. Not convinced that the ph2 18s sit right on the ph1, think its something to do with the different off sets.

When did the changeover from ph1 to ph2 happen on the Vs?

2003, however there are some later registered ph1s and earlier registed ph2s so anywhere between 02-05!

Looks absolutley mint!

What exhaust have you got on it?

Thanks mate, Its the OEM one, just give it a bit of a clean every few months.

Do you still have the mesh in the bumper mate? My exhaust went all dull so I had it painted matt black, the colour's chipped off though, so it needs doing again :(

Out of interest, what are your wheels like ? a couple of mine have gone pitted on a few of the spokes. I think it's happened to a few other too.

Do you still have the mesh in the bumper mate? My exhaust went all dull so I had it painted matt black, the colour's chipped off though, so it needs doing again :(

Out of interest, what are your wheels like ? a couple of mine have gone pitted on a few of the spokes. I think it's happened to a few other too.

yeah mesh is still on the bumper, you can see it better here:
8623119869_f2307711ca_b.jpg

The wheels are currently unrefurbished and are pretty good, but not perfect (as you would expect on a 12 year old car). Pitting has started and there are a few marks. SG motorsport knows a place that matches OEM finish perfectly so im going to get them refurbed next spring.

Ive not recently seen any other unrefurbished phase 1 wheels that don't need doing, i guess years of grime, salt and cleaning products gradually ruin the finish.

Cheers that looks really nice!!
Yeah oddly my wheels have only gone a bit dodgy on the rear, the front ones are still pretty mint. I need to get my exhaust boxes sorted as they really let it down. I did consider boxing them in (even looked at getting phase 2 inserts) but I wanna keep it OE. I do have a spare back box, but I don't fancy messing around with it.

An orange one
Looks amazing!! I've also SORN'd mine as of midnight tonight.. I'm going to miss driving it! :(

172 Cup
Absolutely love it! Keep it as genuine as possible, soon to be an ever more appreciating classic.

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
Looks very nice mate.

I taxed, MOT'd and insured mine for another year yesterday as I want to be able to go out for a quick blast even if it's once in the next 6 months.

Cheers guys. I wasn't 100% about mars red before I got it. Ive always liked it, but its not the normal colour I would go for.

I still hanker after an acid, illiad or another iceberg vee, but really enjoying the mars now. Its just different and shows the lines off well after a polish.

I am missing driving it now, but its so clean underneath that its not worth driving it and getting it covered in cack to have to spend the time cleaning it again… The phase 1s had minimal rust protection from the factory and id like this one to last a good few more years so going to take care of it.

I've never really been a great fan of the ph1's, much prefer the ph2's, but theirs something about yours that i love. Maybe it's the mars red or they are just growing on me but looks great mate.