ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 Throttle Body - Refurb or Replace

Clio 172 Ph1
Have a sticking throttle. Replacement cable didnt fix. Have cleaned the TB thoroughly with carb cleaner.

Looks like I have a bit of lateral play in the butterfly spindle. IE moves at least 2mm left & right along the length of the spindle. Looks like the butterfly is starting to catch the side of TB inlet as I can see some light rubbing marks.

Is there a sensible refurb option or shall I buy a new one ?

Mec 350 slk manual
I would put a post for a secondhand one around £40 mark but if you have a spare £300 then buy new

Clio 172 phase 1
Go to ecp get the normfest throttle cleaner it's like £4 but it really is good stuff it's made mine a million miles better ad there like £270 up to £350 from renault depending on the o.e numbers on it :(

Clio 172 Ph1
Thanks, I have thoroughly cleaned & lubricated it with silicon spray, just waiting for a new gasket to arrive, then will refit and see what happens.