ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 throttle body fix (Ghetto!)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
No responsibility for your engine blowing up or you crashing into a school.
My throttle body spring seems to have broken, so idling at 2k etc, similar issue to a few other people. Rigged this up today, basically using a couple of springs to close the throttle body the final 1-2mm.
23042009541.gif

Attached the spring to the throttle body using cable tie.

Seems to have done the trick, idle is now back to normal, so should do short term.

Storm Grey 200
lol. A grade bodgery. Does the trick tho. Mines still idling at 1200, cant see why it is. Or is this normal...

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Walked into motorparts and I think the fella saw me and had one hand on cable ties for me.........

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Just got a proper, working TB back on. The ghetto fix works, but it's nice to have a normal throttle weight again tbh!!

I've got loads of spare springs if anyone is doing this, just pm me if you want some free.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Just got a proper, working TB back on. The ghetto fix works, but it's nice to have a normal throttle weight again tbh!!

I've got loads of spare springs if anyone is doing this, just pm me if you want some free.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Just got a normal working TB on, much better! The ghetto fix works, but the throttle gets a bit heavy.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Just got a normal working TB on, much better! The ghetto fix works, but the throttle gets a bit heavy.