ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 Stays accelerated

Clio Rs ph1/182 cup
here's a new problem of my ph1, it stays accelerated and only by pressing a bit the throttle it returns normal........yesterday I cleaned the TB and lubrificated the throttle cable .....but can't solve it .........

there's also a pin that blocks the cable on the throttle body....how it has to be adjusted ?

any ideas ?

Golf GTD Mk7
Pin that blocks the cable? Idle screw? Did you fully strip it? When you operate it by hand does it stick?

Golf GTD Mk7
You mean the bit that holds the cable to stop it flapping around. It's not adjustable. Change the cable? Throttle pedal sticking? Tps on the blink? I've a spare tb if you need ;)

Clio Rs ph1/182 cup
hahaahaha lol

I use it to for cruise.....but with low ration gears ....it does 45 mph

I put some spray lub in the cable ...but from the side of the tb and not the pedals...

Ph 1 172, Focus 1.6
It'll more than Likley be the throttle cable. Changed mine for a new genuine one and low and behold the problem was gone.

172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph
Check for an air leak on your inlet manifold, this can screw up the revs at idle. Last time I changed my pluGs i got distracted and didn't pinch it all up as tight as i should of and suffered with it sticking at high revs...

Clio Rs ph1/182 cup
will check once again all the stuff ......and tomorrow i order a new cable .....hope will sort the problem .....

Clio Rs ph1/182 cup
really bad news ....:dapprove:

i changed the cable ...and the idle motor ...the butterfly gasket but still isn't perfect......last bit to change is the sensor that read the position of the butterfly (we call it potentiometer)

help !!!!

Clio Rs ph1/182 cup
quick update .....i changed the lambda ....and now the rpms go down ....but once near the idle it goes up and down at least 3 times before stabilizing itself.

Ph1
If its not the cable it will be the throttle body its self or to be more accurate, the throttle body spring.

Very common fault. The spring looses its tension with age and rubs on the TB holder causing the revs to stick.

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
Quick fix for this is,

Look at the throttle buterfly, loosen off the 2 torque head screew. Don't take them out, just losen them a little bit. Then pull the black part that the trottle cable wraps round outwards towards the bulkhead. Re tightnen the screws with that bit pulled out. Done

I must do 3 a week like this

Clio Rs ph1/182 cup
throttle cable is new..............now i will try this solution .......

thank you very much

Renault Clio 172 ph1
I have the same problem at my recently purchased 172 ph1 and I am about to order a new throttle body. So if this trick works it will save me a lot of money! When you say towards the bulkhead what exactly do you mean? Do you think you could send me a picture of what you mean? Do I have to remove any bits or just change the position of the butterfly?