ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 front seat removal

Clio 172
I'm stuck how do I unbolt my front seats? Can't find anything inside the car so wtf do yo
Looked in the guided section, I guess its some French voodoo nonsense and once I say the magic words the seats will release. Help please.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Do I need to take the heat shield off?

You can do it with it in place but its a bit fiddly. If its your first time (oooh er!) then probably best to remove the heatshield so you can see what you're doing. Its a bit difficult because we don't know how mechanically capable you are! lol.

The ones on the outside of the car need the rubber caps pulling off to get to them. You'll need a deep 13mm socket on an extension bar, and a ratchet.

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
Watch out if you have an aftermarket exhaust too. On mine, the centre silencer blocks access to the two inside passenger seat bolts, so I have to undo the post cat flange to get to them...FPITA.

Clio 172
This sounds like its going to be an absolute PITA.

Dan I'm about as mechanically able as a one handed chimp doing a handstand whilst trying to tie a pair or knee high doc martins up with its feet.

I have the tools, I now have some idea and I guess tonight/tomorrow I'll see what an absolute b@$t@rd of a job it is.

Gentlemen wish me luck as no doubt this is going to go massively pear and I'll end up having to drive to Fred's with one bolt left in my drivers seat at 15mph on the hard shoulder of the M6.

Fred, see you tomorrow lol

220 Trophy
Its very easy, you will be able to do it without removing the heatshield but even if you want to it'll only take 2 mins to remove that.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
This sounds like its going to be an absolute PITA.

Dan I'm about as mechanically able as a one handed chimp doing a handstand whilst trying to tie a pair or knee high doc martins up with its feet.

I have the tools, I now have some idea and I guess tonight/tomorrow I'll see what an absolute b@$t@rd of a job it is.

Gentlemen wish me luck as no doubt this is going to go massively pear and I'll end up having to drive to Fred's with one bolt left in my drivers seat at 15mph on the hard shoulder of the M6.

Fred, see you tomorrow lol

Mate, its not hard!

Trolley jack, 2 axel stands, 13mm Deep socket, extension bar, ratchet.

Jack up one side of the car as high as you want. Get it on axel stands.

Now that its up in the air, get under it and remove the two inside bolts for the drivers seat, and the two bolts for the inside of the passenger seat. You can do all four from just having one side jacked up so don't worry about jacking both sides up.

Then go to the side of the car (any side) and remove the two rubber caps/bungs on the drivers side (just in from the sideskirt) and the two from the passenger side.

Remove the bolts.

The seats will now be loose.

lie them backwards a bit so you can see/get underneath them and disconnect the wiring. (Airbags and pretensioner wiring)

Lift the seats out.

Job's a good'un.

Clio 172
Passenger seat was a b****** with the exhaust but got it all sorted, drivers seat ready to remove after I spin the car round in the morning. Thanks for the tips.