ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 front end on PH2. Yes or No?

PH1 172 - 182 RB
Well after giving in and selling my ph1 and buying a racing blue 182, i miss it!. I love the colour of the 182 but I miss the aggressiveness of the front end of the ph1. I also miss the the rawness but this could be achieved with some weightloss on the car of course! and a smaller steering wheel no doubt. What do you reckon to carrying a front end conversion on the 182 with a ph1 front end obviously resprayed? I know there is a racing blue ph1 on the forum somewhere i think it looks great.

2014 Clio 200t edc
I am pretty sure it's beendone already. I think it'd be brilliant, and apart from the painting probably a lot easier than adding a phase 2 interior to a phase 1?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Easy enough if you have all the bits and don't mind some cutting

2014 Clio 200t edc
Here one I found after remembering reading the thread (that I can't find)
630A6D43-FA0E-4F63-9572-D7B1083B7125.gif

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
It's possible to swap the front ends, but there's some fabrication work needed to do it. IIRC some of the cup racers got Ph2 front ends grafted on when Renault made the facelift, to save buying a new car.

What do you want the Ph2 element for? It's easier to get a Ph1 and put a Ph2 interior in it if that's what you're after, although sadly cruise etc is Ph2 only really.

clio 182
I saw a 172 ph1 with a 182 rear bumper looked awsome... it was yellow.. i think the number plate was m99 PET

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Defo possible, fair bit of cutting and faffing but this is mine and @Djw Dave track 182 shell.

2E8DF85B-405E-416D-92C6-487924977461_zpsziqusuyx.jpg

ED46CF62-9F1D-4866-A396-1ED70720B449_zpsf4xeyw12.jpg

Credit has to go to Dave for it, he's got a way better eye for it than me and more patience!

MK3 GTI golf 16v
Do it, defiantly worth it looks far better!

My old clio was a ph1 with the ph2 172 rear end, perfect set up in my opinion, best of both

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Surely you would be better off selling the ph2 & buying a nice ph1?

Nice ph1s are more sort after & will shortly be worth more than a butchered ph2 when u come to sell?

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
I was never a fan of the Ph1 front end, but i must admit its certainly grown on me.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
do it, had the same thought today, love the ph1 especially in silver, i have been looking for one. Thing is id want to do a full interior and dash swap into it with ph2 rear lights and bumper lol. then into my head popped, why not just swap the front end over........

Clio II
A ridiculous idea. Utterly pointless exercise (in my opinion of course).
Not really. it's very ex[pensive, but not pointless. The ph2 had a many improvements such as better interior, but also ABS and air conditioning on more models afaik. They say the protection and security was also improved. And the ph2 is a newer car, so you can get a car made in 2004-2006 instead of one made in 1998-2001. But imo the ph1 front looks better, so I thought about putting a ph1 front end on a ph2 when i was considering the mark 2 clio. :wink:

Clio II
All Ph1 had ABS and aircon, in fact they have a higher percentage than Ph2 with those features
Well, I guess I was wrong for the ABS and aircon. :D But didn't Renault stiffen the body structure or something as many reviews reported back then? Or was that just a publicity stunt? Anyway, I am fortunate to live in an area where most mark 2s are ph1. For some reason they have become more common here than before, while a couple years ago the ph 2 was more common. I guess that speaks for their respective longevity as people over here use them as daily drivers. ;)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Not in my opinion - it's all to do with age and how it's been looked after..

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Read that as buy a ph2 and do a ph1 dash conversion. It would be unique that's for sure.

Hey why the hell not! ;)
I'd rather chop bits from the front than swap the dash over - ultimately it's the more complete route.

Kinda agree (although I have a Ph1 and done the ph2 dash conversion), at least all the correct loom will be in place for the dash to work correctly and have all the proper fratures.

You'd have to fit a ph1 rear bumper. All other ph2 stuff can stay