ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 F4R ----> Ph2 172

1Berg2
Just before I purchase one, will a Ph1 F4R fit my ph2?

Just the bare engine - no ancillaries or manifolds, or even gearbox.

TIA!

Chris

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Dan can you retro fit the fly by wire to a PH2? I know you love them?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Should add you would need to change the inlet manifold, tb, pedal, add a throttle position sensor and sort out wiring/ecu. Better just to buy a proper 172 in the first place ;)

yeah he's just wanting to know if a bare ph1 engine will drop in his ph2 which is yes you just bolt your inlets etc on from you buggered lump

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Should add you would need to change the inlet manifold, tb, pedal, add a throttle position sensor and sort out wiring/ecu. Better just to buy a proper 172 in the first place ;)

Just realised yesterday what I wrote. Yes PH1 throttle into ph2.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Just realised yesterday what I wrote. Yes PH1 throttle into ph2.

Yes you could but it would put the management light on.

The fueling algorithm on the ph2 ECU relies on MAP as its main load so it would still run the engine ok, although if the resistance values of the TB are differnt it might adversely effect transient fuelling so it could end up slightly spluttery at small throttle openings, that could be re-calibrated in the map if you could be bothered to find where it was though.

So definately "possible" but probably not a great idea unless you are going aftermarket management anyway, or of course if you fitted the Ph1 ecu and UCH etc too, as then its essentially just the same as when people swap a ph2 dash onto a phase 1 so should still have working clocks etc.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It sounds as though it would actually be far more hassle that it would be worth...

Agreed, plus if you didnt swap to the whole Ph1 ecu you would get issues with cold idling etc as you would have no control of the ICV from a ph2 ecu.

Only way it would be worth doing is swap the whole ph1 setup in, UCH and key etc too, and even then you would have to REALLY want a cable to bother IMHO

I can't see it, just comes up with an admin message?

Completely agree though...

If you have a look on for sale threads he's got a thread and put the ebay item number up for something he's selling which obviously shows his ebay user name, 550 + for a 76k lump is to much like

1Berg2
If you have a look on for sale threads he's got a thread and put the ebay item number up for something he's selling which obviously shows his ebay user name, 550 + for a 76k lump is to much like

Ah fair enough.

I've bought a few things off of him before to be honest, all of which were reasonably priced.

The engine though - He was asking for £200 more than what I eventually paid.

Thing is, I'm sure some plonker will pay it.

there's always someone who will pay it, that lump of mine has FSH aswel and plenty of receipts with the car including the receipt for cambelt