ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 double barrel cat VS decat

clio sport 172
Which one is better - phase 1 double barrel cat (one lambda sensor pre-cat) or a de-cat pipe? in terms of power, sound...

thnx

RS 182 CUP
I got a de cat sounds great n can feel the differance, only prob is I have to change it back to cat for every mot

clio sport 172
i have now no middle silencer just 60 mm pipe and straight through back box.
in which way would a de-cat change the sound? so it's a big pain in the a to change it for the MOT. thnx

53 Clio's & counting
Is it on a ph1? the ph1 cat is pretty well flowing anyway - im on circa 200bhp depending on what rollers I go on, and I still have my cat in.

clio sport 172
yes it's a ph1 double barrel cat with one pre-cat lambda sensor. i am only affraid because my car has 140.000 km with this cat (original) how long can it last

340i
What I miss?

58520_437192216763_501491763_5016676_6724759_n.jpg

Ph 1 172
There are A couple of differences with a and double barrelled phase 1 cat
I have the ktec supersports system (no mid silencer 2.5" straight through) with a NW performance decat and if I'm being honest it's stupidly f**king loud in the car, if you do any motorway driving (long distance) don't get one! I did 180miles yesterday and want to get rid of the f**ker. But then if you just go around town, b-road blasts ect ect (which is wot I mainly do they are not to intrusive)then get one coz through the rev range I love how raspy they are.

Another thing that I have defiantly noticed is at about 3.5k-4k rpm the car revs a little quicker but and it's a big but it has not got the same pick up from idle to 3.5k rpm it feels much more delayed.

It is a pig to fit on the phase 1 172 as well pay a garage to do it unless you have hads the size of a ten year old lol
Im pretty sure it increased my mpg as well, it's just so fricken noisy lol

Last edited: