ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 Clio Wont Hold Idle

getikte

ClioSport Club Member
So my PH1 engine has been apart and had new belts, dephaser, catcams, looms re taped....its now all back together and fires on the first turn of the key, however after seconds....nothing. Engine dies, no matter if i apply throttle or not.

any advice?

Thanks All!

getikte

ClioSport Club Member
Honestly cant remember right now....messaged EFI and he doesn't think its an imobilizer issue....

PH2 172
So my PH1 engine has been apart and had new belts, dephaser, catcams, looms re taped....its now all back together and fires on the first turn of the key, however after seconds....nothing. Engine dies, no matter if i apply throttle or not.

any advice?

Thanks All!

You say PH1 engine, but is this a PH1 car with original looms & cable operated throttle body?
As a starting point, is the engine bay loom earthed to the back of the gearbox correctly?

getikte

ClioSport Club Member
yea ph1 car, ph1 engine ph1 loom all original. earths are fine thats all been checked. odd that it will start and run but for the same amount of time every time. its as if fuel is cutting

PH2 172
yea ph1 car, ph1 engine ph1 loom all original. earths are fine thats all been checked. odd that it will start and run but for the same amount of time every time. its as if fuel is cutting
Have you tried bridging the fuel pump relay?

getikte

ClioSport Club Member
I haven't mate no, i assumed as the pump primes as it should that might not be the issue but ill give that a shot