ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 Alloy bonnet

Clio RS ph1
Hi

My 172Ph1 doesn`t have a alloy bonnet. I know a lot of Ph1`s do have an alloy bonnet. So I was wondering of I`m the only one that doesn`t? Maby due to a crash in the past or something.

Thanks!

Clio 172 cup
only the early ph1s had them mainly the w reg plates and some x regs although there are a few y plates that had them too. Was just a bit of a hit and miss at the factory if Renault had the lightweight bonnet in stock to fit or not

Clio RS ph1
I`m from holland where we don`t have w reg/x reg/y reg plates;)
Mine is from october 2000, maybe that helps. I know the first cars where all silver and had alloy bonnets. Maybe when more colors became available Renault decided not to do them anymore?

only the early ph1s had them mainly the w reg plates and some x regs although there are a few y plates that had them too. Was just a bit of a hit and miss at the factory if Renault had the lightweight bonnet in stock to fit or not

spot on, 100% correct

Clio 172 cup
I`m from holland where we don`t have w reg/x reg/y reg plates;)
Mine is from october 2000, maybe that helps. I know the first cars where all silver and had alloy bonnets. Maybe when more colors became available Renault decided not to do them anymore?

yours would be a x reg at that age so I guess it falls into the catergory where they were running low on alloy bonnets hence why yours had the steel one, I wouldn't worry it's been in a crash. Hope this helps

Clio RS ph1
Thnx Raiderman! I was just wondering.

@ Danny_172: there is a verry noticiabale difference in weight between alloy and steel. You can tell by just opening the bonnet. If there`s no one to compare with you can try the magnet like c__w says.