ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1.5 lights on the flamer

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Decided that after several years of having the ph2 lights on my ph1s that I'd like to change back. But not completly!

So this is how it looked

6aafb930.jpg

midway through

2e468b59.jpg

and after with them on and off

46bc7832.jpg

ac2252b8.jpg

Decided to use the ph2 holders so that they light up at the bottom instead of the top, a nice compromise I reckon.

C&C welcome obviously!

Cheers
John

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Nice change! Being honest I couldn't choose between the two clusters, both look great!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
They look OK to me as the rest of the car is a similar colour ;)

Ph2 lights look so much fresher however.

You're right with the lamps being at the bottom. MUCH better than the Ph1 setup. Is everything else kosher ?! I remember moving a few wires around when I swapped someone's ph1 > ph2...

Not sure if you noticed, but someone has stolen your wiper and plate light... :eek:

PS: Ph1's don't look dated. They're [almost] retro cool. I saw a standard one (guess what colour..) parked up yesterday and thought it looked fantastic still !

PH1FTW.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah everything else seems to work fine teg, and by that I mean I've made sure the hazards work! Wiper plate is getting smoothed although I seem to have just stopped with it just before it gets painted! And the rear plate bulb wiring needs played with, the connector is goosed.

Ph2 lights do look fresher but think with everything else on it being ph1 they stuck out a bit much. But probably only to me!

Cheers for the responses, expected to get panned!!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
The connections are awful on those plate light holders. No protection from the elements and the worlds smallest pins from the loom to the holder. Brilliant.

I ran without the light on mine. Looked epic on my black ph1 :approve: MOTs from ASDA helped too ;)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Lol, yeah I may or may not have ran without mine for years at a time but decided to do it right eventually. Thinking that if I can get a brand new connector I'll use that and heat shrink the lot!

172, Focus
That looks smart, I love the phase 1's especially in that colour.
I wouldn't say the car was dated though, I think it's all part of their charm.
Sometimes cars that look different and futuristic date quicker than others, think megane II or Astra H sporthatch, when they first came out they grabbed attention however now I don't give them a second glance.
I'll always give a Phase 1 172 a second look though :)!

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
I know this is an older thread but how did you get the ph2 bulb holders secure in the ph1 lights, I thought the clips were in different places? Thank you in advance

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
They are, they fit a bit like a 6 fingered glove!

I got it as good as I could and then when you screw the lights back onto the car it pulls them together. Still got the car and never had an issue with condensation or that.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
They are, they fit a bit like a 6 fingered glove!
I got it as good as I could and then when you screw the lights back onto the car it pulls them together. Still got the car and never had an issue with condensation or that.

Sounds good, will give it a whirl and see what happens, thank you, much appreciated!