ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 Sunflower Register

Sunflower Ph1 172
Thought so, there's one at my work its mega faded though so I wasnt 100% if it was actually sunflower.

Get a pic.

I wasn't sure if the magene was the same colour, as whenever I've seen them the colour looks slightly darker/duller. From what I remember.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
I think you'll find this was Sunflower yellow too..

scan0003-2.jpg

Thought to be the first v6 ever made, after the black prototype. Seen here with Tom Walkinshaw.

Regarding Kathy's Sunflower, I have no idea what so ever what the registration number was. It was, as far as I'm aware, the first sunflower on CS back in the day. A very early car. There's possibly some pics somewhere of it covered in CS sticker at FCS 2002

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
There was a sunflower 1.2 MTV thing in the scrapy near me a while ago

Petrol Blue 182.
sunflower and RB where non-sport colours on the continent. saw a RB van at Lemans last year

The Megane coupes are sunflower too

As for the non 172s that are sunflower they are 1.2 16v sports not sure how many were made though, There's a young lass local to me with one, I did have a pic parked next to it on my old phone :(

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
as promised, probably the worst picture ever taken but it's got a personalised plate so no idea of the original plate.
33ws5zn.jpg

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Rang up about the one on ebay being broken. Apparently had a front end smash and was badly repaired.
Does this make this No 25?

25)
X629 GHE
Date of registration - 20/12/2000

Former keepers - N/A
Mileage - 83000
Alloy bonnet - N/A

Now in bits and shell scrapped! :(

I actually emailed Jeremy Townsend a while back. He hasn't got back to me, unfortunately, since our initial contact.

Email From Jeremy said:
The only information that we will be able to provide is how many of the 31 cars are currently licensed and how many are current on SORN. This isn't going to be quick to provide at the DVLA have to provide the data. There are no owner details or mileage available.

As soon as I have it, I'll let you know

Best regards
Jeremy

Hopefully he'll get a response in the near future and get back to us. :)
I actually look forwards to getting our "Trophy like" stickers made.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Yeah thats brens ^^^ and how will we get numberd stickers if a few were registered on the same day?

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
out interest and just to really dream, anyone ever seen a Ph1 V6 in sunflower?

must look awsome

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
At the RWS last year there was a race prepared V6 in Sunflower. Was on the renault historic stand.

Thats my sunflower clio sport on ebay
the number plate for it is K88 DPB previously X927 UPH
ive updated the ebay add with some pictures from today.
thanks for looking
Dean