ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 172, should I?

Lupo GTI
I've been looking for an RS for a while now but never been in the position to financially own one. Until recently.

I had been planning on saving my money up for a good few months and buying a Lupo GTi, but I fancy something now and the PH1 has really caught my interest with some of the prices I've seen around.

I'm currently driving a PH2 172 rep. Whilst it's my pride and joy and I'll be gutted to see it go I just fancy a change now I have the money to do it.

The rep is in good condition so I don't think I'd need much money towards a decent PH1 tbh.

Now what prices should I be looking at paying for a decent one? Milage doesn't really bother me as long as it's been well looked after and the belts, relevant services have been done etc.

Stagecoach Ticket
2k should buy a good one
2.5k should be somthing abit special
1.5k should be a average in need of some tlc one
1k will be a dog in need of mechanical and tlc
sub 1k will be abit of a shed but fixable

J

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I bought my ph1 a month ago. 80k, fsh, and in very good condition with all the relevant belts done before i bought it. Paid 2k for it and too be fair for the money i think i did very well. I was very fortunate findind mine. Made up though

Dan

330i. E30 Touring.
Depending on how handy you are with the spanners, there's some proper bargains to be had!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I sold my broken ph1 172, needed a new engine, had 100k on the clock, also had brand new vmaxx coilovers, brand new btb exhaust, brand new ITG panel filter, silvervision bulbs all round, ph2 side strips, ph2 rear bumper, ph2 rear lights, good condition for £1k

If you have the money wait until one pops up that someone needs to get rid of quick, if it were me I'd be keeping an eye out for a black one or sunflower yellow, I know a lad selling a 60k mile black one with turini's etc, in very good condition aswell so if you want more details drop me a pm, it will be going at a decent price aswell

Lupo GTI
Chris just seen your local(ish) too me so you have PM.

If I got one I think I'd go the whole PH2 bumper, side strips and lights way. Did you need the PH2 arc liners too? Or are the PH1 rear one's the same?

Well I've been looking at a Sunflower PH1 and I'm stupidly tempted.
But I think that and black are the only colours I would want.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I know of a cracker for sale (fellow member) with a really strong engine, he would probably let you have it if you gave him 1700