ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph1 172 handbrake not working (help needed) please

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
fitted new cables and bled brakes and still wont work on drivers side
just wondering if the arm on the calliper connected to the cable which spins to push the piston wear down and needs replacing,
if so is it a changable part or new calliper time?
hope this makes sense to you
cheers

Ph1 172, Leon cupra
I have some trouble on my ph1 172,not had a chance to look properly yet. If your ok with bleeding brakes its probably a good idea to take calipers off give them a good check and clean up. Should also be able to check the lever on calipers in a vice. Change pads when re-fitting also.I remember having same trouble on my mk1 clio rsi,where i had checked and changed everything,but would struggle to get the same bite from the handbrake on both calipers!

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
cheers mate i have just finished messin arround with the breaks, ended up replacing the caliper in the end bled all the breaks checked the cables pads discs and noticed the lever was moving but worn
only cost me £60 exchange and works a treat now

Ph1 172, Leon cupra
Good work! Where did you get your exchange caliper from just out of interest,thats a pretty good price.All french cars with rear discs are terrible for seized calipers,rubbish handbrakes!

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
it was from a local auto factors they cost £60 plus vat and £30 exchange
i am more than willing to send them out to you or meet if it is close enough, they are from autosupplies in chesterfield
hope this can help someone out there :D