ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph1 172 fuel rail

clio 172
i have a phase 1 172. at mo having lots of problems with it running.
looking at fuel rails and is there any differance or codes on rails that i should have on the car? i understand the phase 1 has the regulator on the end of rail where as phase 2 dont.
is there any way i could change to the phase 2 rail?

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
Phase 1s have a return line to the tank whereas the phase 2s don’t.
Not sure if you’ve tried changing the regulator (or even if you can on those rails).
Other than that, if you are sure you have a fueling problem it can only be the in tank pump or the injectors.
These cars are notorious for bad earths as well so worth checking that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
What's the actual symptoms your experiencing?

And not totally correct, late phase 1 moved to the dead head fuel system too, my phase 1 is dead head with no reg in the rail and no return

clio 172
it a pain to start but will then tick over some of the time.
low speed its like it runs on 3 cylinders but then when u get revs up it seems to clear but wont let me get to top of revs as it starts missing again.
fuel economy is shocking. when you drivin alomg it randomly pops really badly (unburnt fuel asit smells of fuel really badly)
i tried plugs and leads and have checked coil pack.my mate has a clio he uses for parts so goin to nab the injectors from that to see if that cures it for now

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Defo sounds like injectors, just get it running and unplug them in turn. Whichever doesn't make a difference to engine idle is fucked