ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 - Few ?'s

Ph1 Flamer
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum so here's a bit of history. Had two ph1's in the past, both registered in 2000 on X plates. That was quite some time ago!! Had a 182 on a 54 plate back in '05 as well.

I've had some time away from them for a while and decided i'd like to get one again for a weekend car/odd drive to work.

After driving both i much prefer the ph1. So that's what i'm going for.

I went to have a look at one this afternoon, it was born 04/2001 on a "Y" plate, a few things struck me as odd and could do with some clarity:

- there was an after market alarm fitted although i thought all the ph1's came with a Cat1 approved alarm as standard?? Am i wrong?

- also i remember a green gear change light used to come on around 7k revs to let you know you're driving like a prick, this one didn't come on and he said it wasn't meant to????? Eh?

The car seemed under powered as well, that feeling of getting thrown into your seat around 4k revs just wasn't there and that's what i always loved about these cars. Hmmm, any ideas??

If anyone can shed a little light please educate me, i appreciate any input.

Cheers.

Lots of Alfas
Not all of them had the shift light, despite what renault say. They all had a cat1 alarm fitted as standard unless they are an import.

It will be one of the last ph1 172s so will have the twin lambda sensor cat and it will be a bit more to tax than the majority of them.

vw bora
has it got an after market filter/exhaust on because i found that when i put the filter and exhaust on i lost the kick at around 4-5k but it was just abit smoother all round the revs

Ph1 Flamer
has it got an after market filter/exhaust on because i found that when i put the filter and exhaust on i lost the kick at around 4-5k but it was just abit smoother all round the revs

It had a massive green induction kit on it! I had a K&N on one of my last ones as well thou and still got the grin factor when it puched past 4k revs?

Ph1 Flamer
Not all of them had the shift light, despite what renault say. They all had a cat1 alarm fitted as standard unless they are an import.

It will be one of the last ph1 172s so will have the twin lambda sensor cat and it will be a bit more to tax than the majority of them.

I doubt that they would of removed the whole original alarm system to then replace it with another so presume it must be an import then?