ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 1.2 Daily.

Mkll Ph1
Interior light has started leaking again. I'm going to assume it's coming in from the areial since the roof lining isn't wet around my sunroof

Mkll Ph1
I re-sealed mine in the summer, we've had heavy rain here and mines started leaking again, just annoying

Mine had been doing it around September time and then stopped by itself and now it's started again. c**ty things. Was it your areial as well ?

Mkll Ph1
Sealed up around my aerial to see if that sorts it and then decided to go all out and give the car a clean as it was filthy.

Started with the wheel as they were awful.

MVGKS2q.jpg

Dont have any pictures of them cleaned yet as it started chucking down half way through them so didnt even get to start the actual car -_- .

Then I sheared a f**king bolt.

Running on 3 at the moment until i get time and a dry day to drill the fucker out.

jfK3vq1.jpg

Mkll Ph1
Managed to snag a few pictures on the drive home tonight. Think they look pretty good for having no editing at all.

u2y2uvyg.jpg

ju6ybu8y.jpg

Mkll Ph1
Great question, I've personally no idea! No pictures on the net anywhere?

Not checked properly yet just a quick skim. Thought it would be handier to check here first.

not 100% on the 1.2s, but don't you need some sort of adaptor plate?
Or is this a kit specifically for your car?

I had thought that at first but the guy i bought it off said he didnt have a plate for it and ive seen it on his car a few weeks back and his is a 1.2.
He has a Ph2 though but i wouldnt think they would be hugely different.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've got that kit on my 1.2!!

I'm going to the garage on saturday, I can get some fitted pics if you want??

Anyone have any idea how to fit this Tigger Kitson93 ? Hoping to get it on tomorrow but don't want to be standing confused as sin by it lol.
adygena8.jpg

If it its the D7F 1.2 8v engine all you have to do is take the air box straps off (push down on the pins and then push them towards the air box), push down on the black 180 degree pipe (big one) to detach from the throttle body, pull off the breather pipe and remove the whole old air box carefully navigating round sensor wires and pipes..

Attach your new air filter and do up all the jubilee clips etc., find the breather pipe (should be just under the main intake) and attach your new breaker pipe (the one with the smaller filter on it.

Also some intakes don't have a plate as its located right in front of the grille when fitted

And that should be it, i made my own little custom one.

Mkll Ph1
If it its the D7F 1.2 8v engine all you have to do is take the air box straps off (push down on the pins and then push them towards the air box), push down on the black 180 degree pipe (big one) to detach from the throttle body, pull off the breather pipe and remove the whole old air box carefully navigating round sensor wires and pipes..

Attach your new air filter and do up all the jubilee clips etc., find the breather pipe (should be just under the main intake) and attach your new breaker pipe (the one with the smaller filter on it.

Also some intakes don't have a plate as its located right in front of the grille when fitted

And that should be it, i made my own little custom one.

Cheers mate worked a treat :) will hopefully get a few pictures took in the light tomorrow. The smaller breather pipe had a bit of smoke coming from it earlier after a bit of a hard drive. Is this normal with it being a breather or do I need to have a look into it ?

Also does anyone know if a ph2 engine cover fits the ph1?

I know they are a bit different which is why I wouldn't be sure.

Cheers mate worked a treat :) will hopefully get a few pictures took in the light tomorrow. The smaller breather pipe had a bit of smoke coming from it earlier after a bit of a hard drive. Is this normal with it being a breather or do I need to have a look into it ?

Also does anyone know if a ph2 engine cover fits the ph1?

I know they are a bit different which is why I wouldn't be sure.

glad it helped, not sure about the breather but if the oils at a high temp and the breather is a direct hole to the engine internals, might just bet that, just keep an eye on it. Also I know its hard not to, but dont thrash the beans out of it in 1st gear to get the noise, these little 1.2's arnt meant for 7k revs haha

also the ph2 cover doesnt fit i got one from a scrap yard as i wanted it too. haha but yer all the inlets dont line up and just looks a bit stupid tbh lol

Mkll Ph1
Well this is how my engine bay looks now. I think its a bit untidy and want an engine cover but have no clue where to get hands on one for a Ph1.

Other than that i dont have a clue on how i would go about making it tidier looking. Maybe coloured lines or something but don't know yet.

GdzR2Mn.jpg

A good clean & degrease, then back to black all the black plastics and it'll look clean :)

also, you could paint your front grill satin black, would look ace

Mkll Ph1
Got my spacers fitted today before work.

Went from this.

ete7ymaq.jpg

To this.

3e4era5e.jpg

Was pretty happy with it until the drive home. Any sizeable dip in the road and I'm rubbing the arch :/. Gonna need to get them off sharpish.

Also a few other snaps from today.

gata6emu.jpg

urusudyg.jpg

edutu4uq.jpg

Volantech CC Panels
Got my spacers fitted today before work.

Went from this.

ete7ymaq.jpg

To this.

3e4era5e.jpg

Was pretty happy with it until the drive home. Any sizeable dip in the road and I'm rubbing the arch :/. Gonna need to get them off sharpish.

Also a few other snaps from today.

gata6emu.jpg

urusudyg.jpg

edutu4uq.jpg

How low is the car? On springs or coilovers? And how big are the spacers?

Mkll Ph1
looks good what offset are the alloys? what size spacers did you get?

How low is the car? On springs or coilovers? And how big are the spacers?

Not sure on the offset mate. Spacers were 16mm and the car was on 60mm springs. Got them off now anyway though so will either sell them or stick them back on again when i have the 172 bumpers sorted.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
Not sure on the offset mate. Spacers were 16mm and the car was on 60mm springs. Got them off now anyway though so will either sell them or stick them back on again when i have the 172 bumpers sorted.

Dud you try them on the front?

Cool want a set of spacers for my car might have to get the tape mesure out to work out the best size to go for.

Mkll Ph1
Dud you try them on the front?

Cool want a set of spacers for my car might have to get the tape mesure out to work out the best size to go for.

Not tried front yet but i still have half a wheel bolt stuck in one of my front thats i need to get taken out so will try them when i manage to get that done :p

Volantech CC Panels

Did it rub a lot with the 16mm spacers and lowered 60mm? Looking to go F60/R40 with aftermarket shocks but I still want to be able to put people in the back

Mkll Ph1
Did it rub a lot with the 16mm spacers and lowered 60mm? Looking to go F60/R40 with aftermarket shocks but I still want to be able to put people in the back

Not really. Town driving was fine and had no problems. It was more the fact that i would be driving on country roads most days and when I hit a bump in the road at around 60 it rubbed with the car hunkering down. So if your going 40 at the rear you'll be fine even with people in the back.

Volantech CC Panels
It was catching the top of the arch just i think. not 100% sure but i think 195/40/15 maybe.

they don't look like 195/40/15, more like 195/50/15 to be honest, hard to tell from pics but that's what it looks like. How did you color code the bumpers and stuff? Did you do it yourself?

Mkll Ph1
they don't look like 195/40/15, more like 195/50/15 to be honest, hard to tell from pics but that's what it looks like. How did you color code the bumpers and stuff? Did you do it yourself?

Came already coded mate so got off lightly with it :p.

Mkll Ph1
No updates as such been busy the last month with farming and work in general.

Have my M.O.T at the start of April though so will probably just be tidying the car up and then hopefully get a good bit more work done after that.

Plans are;

Sport seats
172 parts painted and fitted
De-cat
and maybe a new set of alloys if the right set become available and depending on funds.

Other than that im more than open to suggestions :).

Mkll Ph1
Well the car is dead. Had a crash on Wednesday morning and it's not going to be worth fixing with the damage done.

Will more than likely be breaking the whole car unless I'm getting another Clio but have no clue what's happening right now.

RIP.

zydepu5u.jpg

Mkll Ph1
Holy s**t, how'd you do that?

Was on a main 60mph road when the woman in front stopped sharp to let a lorry pull out of a junction and I couldn't stop in time so went into her arse. Was pretty much not expecting her to be stopping and didn't brake as hard as she did until it was too late and I realised she had stopped.

Mkll Ph1
ahhh I've been sub'd to this for ages to see a ph1 rep

Sorry to disappoint. Was close to having everything finished for it. Had the body parts booked into get sprayed on Monday and landed home from the hospital on Wednesday night to two huge boxes with my sport interior. Gutted.