ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

peugeot 406 sri turbo..

Status
Not open for further replies.
  E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
just bought one anyone ever owned one on here.
also noticed the heater matrix is leaking :dapprove:

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
according to the data check it comes up as 4 sri turbo? got the logbook coming to me in the week

MCS R56
Maybe he's put a turbo badge on it, so that he could call it a turbo in the hope that someone would want it because it has a turbo?

Owned?

There definately was a 406 SRi Turbo!

Many have had the engines nicked for 205 projects.

Standard engines are fairly okay but have very weak pistons! 175bhp'ish is about the reliable limit. With a set of forgies and some steel rods they'll do quite decent figures with good reliability.

I quite like them and wouldn't mind doing one as a bit of a project at some point.

Leaky heater matrix is about par for the course on a pug of that age. They're a fucked to change as you no doubt expect ;-)

Cheers
M

ITB'd MK1
my old flat-mate/good friend has the 406 executive with the 2.0 8v turbo in it. truly brilliant car. can't imagine the heater matrix being too bad to do (in relative terms, it's still a heater matrix)

M

mini-valver

Knew there was an SRi, no idea they did a turbo! Interesting.....

DMS

A thirsty 172
Two of my mates are big Pug fans and have both owned a couple of SRi turbo's.
I had the pleasure of driving one once. It'd done 124,000 miles and drove and handled brilliantly.
I do believe there's a video on Youtube of him doing 12 miles in about 5 minutes, then the night vision on the camera showing the turbo, manifold, downpipe and brake disks glowing red afterwards.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Got one of these engines sat in my garage so does exist..

The weekness on them is the turbo as well.. also the design of the manifold makes it difficult to fit a bigger more suitable turbo unless you speak to these guys:
http://www.dp-engineering.nl/EN/products/exhaust_manifolds/dp/psa/

Then the management side of it comes into play with most people going standalone (Emerald mainly)

Bargain for 50quid though

BMW F31
i had the 406 1.9dt as a stop gap car, was very comfy, had good mpg, and used to outpace my mates 106 gti on the motorway.

would go back to one but only if it had the power to go with it tbh

2.0 trubo sounds fun and for £50 you cant really go wrong!!

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
^ it looks the same as any old peugeout tbh. should be back on the road this time next week after a full service and heater matrix :)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah no special look to them. I didnt realise they were rare though? I've seen a fair few. One lad has one where i live. he loves his dv..lol

peugeot 406 sri turb
Didnt think the sri had a turbo.

My sister had a 406 sri which definitely wasnt.
There is 2 models of the 406 sri 1 has the 2litre 8v turbo engine 150 to 160 bhp in standard form, the other is a 2.2litre 16v non turbo it has around 160bhp.:) hope this info helps lol.

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Never head of an SRi Turbo 406, afaik the fastest one was the 24 Valve 3.0 V6. There's one sitting in the corner of the workshop at college.

Focus
Dad had one for years, was an ex driving school for the police! By the time he got rid of it (S reg maybe?) NOTHING worked inside, speedo climate etc. Still a reasonably quick car though!

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
rise_from_your_grave.png

Status
Not open for further replies.