ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petty's 182 Proooooject!

Clio 182
Haven't been on here in ages, and wondered how your car was coming along. Looks good though mate. Be identical to mine when it's done I reckon lol

likewise mate, hows yours coming?

kinda lost interest in mine, so buying some mods over the next few weeks to rejuvinate the love lol!

Arctic 182, GTD
Yeah Im the same mate, almost sold it! But just invested a few hundred on it in parts and will hopefully full in love again, then start some mods in the new year. I did start a project thread which I need to update but nothing exterior wise has changed since then. What you thinking for the new purchases?

Clio 182
Liking the progress mate, it's going to look great once your finished! I also have the same colour clio (best colour in my opinion) I was wondering where did you get your small number plate made up... Local plate makers round me don't seem to want to do it lol I expect good things from this thread.

Clio 182
  Clio 182
Yeah Im the same mate, almost sold it! But just invested a few hundred on it in parts and will hopefully full in love again, then start some mods in the new year. I did start a project thread which I need to update but nothing exterior wise has changed since then. What you thinking for the new purchases?

Just saw your thread mate, looks decent! wish mine looked that good ha!

Im thinking turinis in silver and cooksport springs in the near future with a set of cup shocks if i can find some. Hopefully get the cup spoiler sprayed soon too.

Arctic 182, GTD
Just saw your thread mate, looks decent! wish mine looked that good ha!

Im thinking turinis in silver and cooksport springs in the near future with a set of cup shocks if i can find some. Hopefully get the cup spoiler sprayed soon too.

Haha thanks mate, will hopefully look better when I spend some time on it. I was gonna get mine refurbed in silver but opted for anthracite obv.lol I'm pretty sure there's no difference between the shocks on the Renault sports, other then the FF 182 has a different spacing and the trophys have the Sachs fronts. But all the rears are same part numbers and the fronts have all the same compression rating.

Clio 182
Haha thanks mate, will hopefully look better when I spend some time on it. I was gonna get mine refurbed in silver but opted for anthracite obv.lol I'm pretty sure there's no difference between the shocks on the Renault sports, other then the FF 182 has a different spacing and the trophys have the Sachs fronts. But all the rears are same part numbers and the fronts have all the same compression rating.

Oh really? I think i read that the cup shocks were slightly firmer? So it was suggested that if i ran cooksport springs i should get some.

Arctic 182, GTD
As far as I've been aware they were the same? Ill have a quick look on Renault and the part numbers.lol

Arctic 182, GTD
Ok ignore everything I said! Haha

Front shock 182 FF 82 00 681 109
Rear shock 182 FF 82 00 681 125

Front shock 182 non FF 82 00 681 119
Rear shock 182 non FF 82 00 681 128

Arctic 182, GTD
I don't no if the parts numbers are different due to different spacing/ fitment or compression?

Clio 182
UPDATE!

So gave the 182 a well needed clean today. Used Auto glyms clay bar kit, cleanser and finished off with a coat of hd wax. Looks amazing!

Also fitted a cup spoiler, was a pain in the ass and it kept on rubbing when opening the boot on the roof. Eventually got it done but the brake light doesn't work so it will have to come off again. :mad:

Then i removed The sport badge on the boot that was on the wrong side lol. :)

Anyway a pic, sorry for the poor quality, was loosing light and iPhone camera.

4C19BC83-5C84-4CFA-9A1D-96C6F51D5868-7970-00000BE7F07E5BB0.jpg

A14F3F1C-F867-4F69-BE7C-FC8D1DBEF415-7970-00000BE7F4BAD4E3.jpg

F4D8B143-277D-46E8-8F56-1BCCCB8A86BA-7970-00000BE7E94BAEBE.jpg

99788CA1-E3CC-4E2A-92D3-36A8EA4B3B0B-7970-00000BE7F8E561A5.jpg

Arctic 182, GTD
Looks good man! Really starting to wish I had got mine done in silver when I refurbed them...

Arctic 182, GTD
Yeah I like the colour of mine and does go well but silver looks fresh! Do yours anthracite and their'll look like twins haha