ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol Warning Light Help

1.2 16v Dynamique
Hello all

The petrol warning light on my Clio used to come on when the petrol needle hit the red line but just recently it has started coming on as soon as the petrol gauge needle hits the last white line before the red line (I think it's the 8th of a tank marker).

Anyone else had this happen, is it a dodgy gauge or a dodgy sensor causing the light to come one.

Thanks muchly in advance:)

iceburg cliosport 172 cup
YEAH IVE GOT 53 PLATE 172CUP IVE HAD IT 4 WEEKS AND I HAVENT LET LIGHT COME ON YET AND WHEN I PUT PETROL INIT THE LIGHT CAME ON VERY CONFUSIN.

MUST BE A SENSOR PROBLEM:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

APART FROM THAT VRRROOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM:dead: :rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :rasp: GREAAAT FUN

TVR Cerbera
the tank sensor has essentially 2 sensors in it. one for the gauge (float and varible resistor type) and one for the light. they both may not be accurate at any one time.

IMHO running the tank down that low sucks debris into the filter that has accumilated over the years and that aint very good.

anyway don't rely on the light or the guage telling the whole truth in any case, no fun running out of petrol