ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

petrol treatments

Just wondering if anybody has tried the likes of redex,lucas,stp or millers petrol treatments /injector cleaners,if so did you notice any difference i.e lower emissions better mpg etc etc etc

197 cup
Just wondering if anybody has tried the likes of redex,lucas,stp or millers petrol treatments /injector cleaners,if so did you notice any difference i.e lower emissions better mpg etc etc etc

I've always wondered what they are like tbh. My 197 has always been run on Ultimate unleaded or v-power depending on garage. May be cheaper to use the additives though.

340i
Dat octane boost iz meant to b wel gud.... Or so I heard? ;)

I will run a spot of Redex through a tank of fuel every few months, cant say it does any good, but cant be doing any harm :)

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
got loads in my tool box, ran a citroen ax on 3 litres of the stuff when it was outa fuel. worked a treat.

Only ever really use it on diesels tbh.

some of the cleaners are meant to be quite good , the valves in the mk5 golf gti get badly gunked up , some people put the fuel additive's through every few k miles to keep them clean , i always put a bottle of red ex in with a tank of fuel every 1000 miles or so as it is only 99p from tesco's and can only help the engine!!!