ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol, Petrol, Petrol, Petrol

Black Gold Meggy 225
Why why why...I have I paid £1 per litre. nothing has really changed since the last fuel protests.....

Surely I can't be the only one who is pissed about this???

172 Cup SOLD
yea i'm pretty pissed about it, 101.6 i paid just now for a full tank of optimax, £43.00!!

when i started drivin 5 years ago i'm sure it was only 77 odd pence!!

Mazda MX5 1.8
nah its really pissing me off as well!

there will be protests and it will go down....... then they slowly creep it up until we complain again it seems. whilst this is happening BP are making record profits or something! whats up with that!!

197-I love!!!
I hate to moan but it's getting ridiculous!!!They say Iran is to blame-How come The USA still pay ' realistic' prices and we are ripped off as usual and it's not only petrol-I love dear old Britain but..............!!!
Something totally different-best headline from one of the papers-'Two Shags'-about our Deputy Prime Minister-Made me laugh anyway and takes your mind off petrol prices!!!

Average for Super here in the Westbury area is now 101.3p, athough with the absence of Optimax around here I've paid up to 105p for Ultimate. Might have to go with Tesco Super 97 soon although thats about 100p now, wish they would get their arses in gear and roll out Tesco 99 into the South West properly.

Last edited:
  Renaultsport 172 Cup
Risen to 99.9 at the shell by me. Really don't want to see it go over a quid.

We can only hope!!

Nissan 350Z
Dan x2c said:
when i started drivin 5 years ago i'm sure it was only 77 odd pence!!

It was only 55p a litre when i started! That was 9 years ago, so in a decade at this rate it'll be £2 a litre!

We'll never see days like those again. Make the most of your fast petrol hatches people, because soon they'll be the preserve of the rich.

Mini Cooper S sport
Britain is the second most expensive country in Europe for unleaded fuel and the most expensive for diesel - and don't we know it!

Spain is the cheapest, and France is about the third-cheapest.

172 Cup
Lets face it until people do something apart from moaning nothing will change.

We have all these boycott a certain petrol company emails but nothing ever happens because if we're all honest eveyone is too lazy or can't be bothered to drive those extra few miles to another petrol station and the boycott is flawed before it begins.

Clio 172 mk2
yous are lucky you hace optimax round about stirling and falkirk there is none

backed up with deliveries and sheel dont have enough tankers on the road to get to the forecourts

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ It was 100.9 when i filled up with optimax ate Salmesbury last week . Going tomorrow to fill up again :(

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
My car needs filling up atm, i'm away for the weekend - when I get back on Monday how much more will it have gone up??!! :mad:

MY04 Scooby STi
Chris1.4RT said:
My mate works in Saudi.

He reckons it costs him £6 to fill up his 3 series.

:S

i think that gets a 182 out of the petrol station and down the road before the petrol lights on again

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
brisa4984 said:
absolute piss take .. the yanks are startin the iran sh*t and they get away wit fuel taxes etc...

nothing anyone can do

Its got f**k all to do with Iran, trust me.

More to do with China and our s**t oil rigs.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
I know everyone is fooking annoyed with the fuel prices going up, but at the end of the day is only going to cost you an extra £3 at most to fill the same car with the same amount of fuel. It used to cost me £40 to fill up my 182, now its £42.50-£43. Its the price you pay for the good stuff..

Tyson.

Engles Mummy
Stop moaning and deal with it!

If your so upset by it then stop buying it, sell the car and buy a push bike I'm sure that will solve your problems :)

Clio Dci
Last time the fuel protests took place, my local refinery was picketed by one single person. Despite all the moaning apout prices, only one person stood outside the refinery and complained and even then he was made a joke figure by the press/news coverage.
The protests prior to the above, everyone waited at petrol stations for hours in the hope of filling up their tanks with the last possible gallon - even filling jerry cans wherever possible.
What a limp wristed nation we've become. I can only salute the French when it comes to protesting whilst I moan like everyone else and do nothing about it.
Just my thoughts!!!!!!

RenaultSport clio 182
filled up today at sainsburys west swindon that was 93.9p its always cheaper than the garage near me in chippenham but not today garage near me is 89.9p .

197-I love!!!
I know it's gone up over there but it's still only about £1.80p a gallon in The States!!!

Fiesta ST
If they were paying the same as we do in the states their economy would collapse!!

I think if there was another strike, even if it was a proper strike, it wouldnt do anything in the long run, besides which people will just get as much petrol as possible before the strikes, making a strike pointless! There isn't much we can do except change governments to get fuel prices low again.

Subway said:
Stop moaning and deal with it!

If your so upset by it then stop buying it, sell the car and buy a push bike I'm sure that will solve your problems :)

Some of us have actually done that.

...and although we pay more outright for fuel in the UK, the %age increase in fuel prices in the US is much greater due to the lower tax, so they actually feel the pressure more greatly than us (i.e. fuel could go up 50% here, but 100% over there due to way tax works). Some people won't understand this straight away, but do the math and come back.

I didn't sell my last car just because of fuel prices, but I notice a HUGE difference to my bank balance now that I live in the city centre and use my bikes for most journeys. I use the train for almost any long distance stuff - and my other half's 1.2 Clio for the odd event where I need to carry something (I've done 100 miles so far in April).

Lots of people do have a choice beyond protesting / complaining - i.e. selling the car or getting a more fuel-efficient one. This may mean you change your lifestyle to be nearer to public transport or your place of work, but it's by no means impossible. Freedom of movement is a right we have in the UK... but not by car!

I'll get another quick car once I have somewhere to put it again, but I'll not be under the illusion that I have the right to run it cheaply. Fossil fuels are running out and the free market will determine prices where supply is short - paying no / lower tax is a short term option that will not protect the economy... it would increase petrol dependence and ultimately leave us in a bad position when oil wells run dry.

Face it: we need to use renewable resources.

Ben H said:
Lots of people do have a choice beyond protesting / complaining - i.e. selling the car or getting a more fuel-efficient one. This may mean you change your lifestyle to be nearer to public transport or your place of work, but it's by no means impossible. Freedom of movement is a right we have in the UK... but not by car!

All well and good, but millions of us are born into rural areas, we can't all move into cities where public transport is adequate.

We are told to use public transport, but at the same time the bus and train services are cut back on a yearly basis. A local rail-line that has enjoyed a 40% increase in passengers in the past year has recently been cancelled, forcing more people out into their cars. We are told one thing and then forced to do the exact opposite.