ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

petrol mpg .decat read this

clio 172
ok just went to pick my car up just had a decat alredy got a miltek cat back now decat.
I have just had a decat fitted to my car. This is an addition to my miltek cat back.

get in car test the sound sounds nice.
Sounds pretty nice

Happy as still not chavy and loud.

get in car on the clock look how much petrol i have 32 m till i need to fill up.
I got in my car and looked at the range left in my petrol tank, until i needed to fill it up again.

pulled out waved good bye start driving home look at petrol 42m i was like wtf.
Upon leaving the decat fitting place, i waved goodbye to the place and started driving home. I took a look at my fuel range and there was 42miles left in the tank. I was like WTF?

it went up to 47.

So i fault i better go for a drive see whats up it didnt go down atall.
I was starting to think it was broke, so I took it for a drive to see what was what. It didn't decrease at all (OMGZ!?)

so im thinking whats rong now then.
I'm thinking OMGZ! Its brokez!!

it went down to 46.
It went down to 46 (awww :()

hmmmm 20 minutes later 45 and so on so it looks like its pritty much working ok.
20 minutes later it went down further to 45mpg

car sounds relly healthy since the decat aswell and is now amasing mpg.

i would like to no.If you decat a car do you then get better mpg ????
I would like to know if you add a decat to your car can you get better mpg?

meny thanks louis :)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
I'm about to get one fitted, after remap my mpg has been pretty awful tho, but that may be due to lead soled boots....

clio 172
Re: petrol mpg .decat read this lolo

hi every one just went to pick my car up. had a decat fitted.Alredy got a miltek cat back now decat.Get in car start it to test the sound sounds nice.Happy as still not chavy and loud.get in car on the dash clock i looked how much petrol i had. 32 m till i need to fill up.pulled out waved good bye start driving home look at petrol 42m i was like wtf.It went up to 47.So i fault i better go for a drive see whats up it didnt go down atall.so im thinking whats rong now then. it went down to 46.hmmmm 20 minutes later 45 and so on so it looks like its pritty much working ok.car sounds relly healthy since the decat aswell and is now amasing mpg.

i would like to no.If you decat a car do you then get better mpg ???? :rasp:

pmsl

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
yeh car is working good mate but i still think the job he did was rubish and not to eny standerd tbh

* Yes, the car is working good mate, but I still think the job he did was rubbish and not to any standard to be honest.

thats a hard question to understand, i gather you had a cat back, now fitted a decat, and you think the MPG is better. IMO i think not a decat does not make MPG better if anything worse. i would go with garage raggging your car, then you driving it like your gran.

or your old cat had a hole in.

clio 172
ok just went to pick my car up just had a decat alredy got a miltek cat back now decat.
I have just had a decat fitted to my car. This is an addition to my miltek cat back.

get in car test the sound sounds nice.
Sounds pretty nice

Happy as still not chavy and loud.

get in car on the clock look how much petrol i have 32 m till i need to fill up.
I got in my car and looked at the range left in my petrol tank, until i needed to fill it up again.

pulled out waved good bye start driving home look at petrol 42m i was like wtf.
Upon leaving the decat fitting place, i waved goodbye to the place and started driving home. I took a look at my fuel range and there was 42miles left in the tank. I was like WTF?

it went up to 47.

So i fault i better go for a drive see whats up it didnt go down atall.
I was starting to think it was broke, so I took it for a drive to see what was what. It didn't decrease at all (OMGZ!?)

so im thinking whats rong now then.
I'm thinking OMGZ! Its brokez!!

it went down to 46.
It went down to 46 (awww :()

hmmmm 20 minutes later 45 and so on so it looks like its pritty much working ok.
20 minutes later it went down further to 45mpg

car sounds relly healthy since the decat aswell and is now amasing mpg.

i would like to no.If you decat a car do you then get better mpg ????
I would like to know if you add a decat to your car can you get better mpg?

Thanks in advance.

thanks you are my hero