ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol light on but got petrol

BMW E36 328i Sport
Was driving for about 5 mins today and then noticed my petrol light was on even though the gauge isn't near the bottom. It's definitely got smoggy petrol in it as it was on the second last marker last night and I put £10 in and have only driven about 3 miles before the light came on.

Any clues on why it's happened?

Suzuki Jimny
It's because you put the wrong fuel it.

They run on unleaded petrol, not smoggy petrol.

HTH.

BMW E36 328i Sport
Excuse me I only use v-power lol.

It's mapped to run v-power and that's all I've ever used since it was mapped

172, Tiguan
Your best bet is to fill it up to the absolute brim and see if it clears. Sounds like the floats got stuck or something.

BMW E36 328i Sport
You only put £10 in at a time, you must like petrol stations.

Times are hard these days so just put enough in till I get paid.

Your best bet is to fill it up to the absolute brim and see if it clears. Sounds like the floats got stuck or something.

I was thinking that so did a few sharp stops but with no difference. I'll fill the tank when I get paid and hope that sorts it, thanks.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Mine did this once when it stalled at a roundabout on a sharp incline and I started it again immediately - cleared once I put more fuel in and has been fine ever since.

BMW E36 328i Sport
Just thought I should up date this incase anyone else has the same problem, a full tank of petrol has sorted the problem.